• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1st iwagumi attempt....

Hi terry have you done some ph readings yet ? Be interesting to know what you've got .
Cheers man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey Sam, yeah I'm getting about a .8ish drop before lights on, but still have a yellow checker so abit confused!
Here's a pic
ebuzujy9.jpg

Very nice terry its looking great, not sure whats going on with your drop checker though, has your bromothymol blue gone off ? I seem to remember a post on here somewhere about it going off and not working ?

Thanks guys, yea it could well be, going to order some new 4dkh and seeing that changes anything.

Changed the 4dkh solution and now getting much less strange colours, so must have been dodgy solution.
Things seem to be running nicely, 1point ph drop before lights on, full EI, steady growth that I have trimmed a few times, have only been running one t5 light as was getting scum on surface but even reducing the light hasn't seemed to rid this so the plants can't be 100% happy, really want to figure out what the cause is!!
Got some cherrys and amano's, they are fun to watch, bit scared of gassing them tho, so slightly too low co2 could be the cause of surface film, but I would have thought the 1 ph drop and lower light would mean plenty of co2.

Gad ! after how many weeks it's worth the wait. I wonder if i can make something like this also, is that dwarf hairgrass you got there ? My plan for the foreground is a dwarf hairgrass, but if yours is a dwarfHG then im a little bit disappointed :(. I thought it would look really not that tall

Yea it's draft hair grass, completely took over the tank! Spreads fast!
Not that tall, the sloped substrate just makes it look taller.

Back