• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

180 degree bends?

Have any of you seen any really tight 180° bends for 12/16 hose? I have a Nano with 5mm glass and obviously no braces so most of the inlet/outlet pipe kits don’t look anywhere near as neat as they could do. I realise that a tight bend will reduce the flow compared to a wider looping bend but I’m ok with that. I’m thinking more about the inlet at the moment. Something like this would be good if that horizontal part at the top wasn’t so huge.

https://www.eheim-aquarium-parts.co...MIoIC-y_uu4wIV1oTVCh1gEQXQEAQYASABEgIK9PD_BwE

I’m currently stuck with the similar looking Tetra version of the inlet linked unless I can find something better.

Eheim used to have green plastic corners (90 degrees) which connected to the hard plastic Eheim pipe, so you could construct it yourself. Probably still can be found ( best chance in an old LFS, these used to have a big cupboard full of loose parts). Be carefull tight bends kill flow.

Back