• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

17cm led over 30cm nano

bumcrumb

looking at starting a hi tec nano which will be 12x10x8 inches in size....im looking around for a minimal sleek looking led unit, ive come across a "up aqua 17cm led clip on" will this spread enough light over the tank and be suitable for growing hc cuba and dwarf grass??

I'd say you'd be better off buying something that will cover the full width of the tank. Allpondsolutions sell some good lights for this size tank at a budget price. More high-end stuff can be purchased from the forum sponsors.

cheers for the help...yes I have seen those that are 30cm across but im not sure on the looks.i wanted to take all clutter away from the tank so all attention was on the contents rather everywhere else

I can vouch for the Allpondsolutions 32 LED clip on unit. Bought one for my temp spare plant tank, much better than the tanks hood halogen. Can't comment on spectrums or such, but i have seen growth since installing it.

Oops. forgot to mention...the spread of the LED is better at height i've found, so you may want to try the the unit secured to something other than the 8inch height??? tank you mentioned above....somewhere around 12-15 inch if you're able seems to give a good even spread of light

Back