• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

16L - Edge of the forest - Mateusz Salawa

salava8

I haven’t used roots in my arrangements for a long time. So I decided that the new project will be in the Mizube style. :)

As substrates, I used gravel and Amazonia. The tank will be lighted by Aquael Leddy Smart 2. Plant version. By the way, a great product. Interesting design, small size, adequate power and price. The heart of the design is the irreplaceable Eheim Classic 2213. Flow 400 L / H. Power consumption 8 W. The volume of cartridges 3 L. Inlet and outlet from Plexiglas DIY. At the start I also used bacteria Seachem Stability and gloves Black Magic (Mosscotton) - nice gadget ;).

The hardscape consists of several roots connected by electric bands. The Anubias were attached to the roots and laid on the ground. The third plan is formed by Vallisneria spiralis. The selection of plants is not accidental. It is a simple to maintain project in the style of Low-tech. Water from the tap will be used for maintenance. It doesn’t plan to use liquid fertilizers or CO2 fertilizers.

IMG_1031p_IG.jpg

Dimensions: 25 x 25 x 25h = 16L
CO2: No
Filtration: Eheim 2213 (400 l / h) (Eheim mech, sponges, ceramics, Seachem matrix carbon)
Lights: Aquael Leddy Smart 2 Plant 6W (9 hours)
Photo Period: 12 am - 9 pm
Fertilisation: No
Water: Tap water
Substrate: Gravel + ADA Amazonia
Flora: Anubias barteri nana, Vallisneria spiralis, peacock moss
Fauna: Neocaridina davidi var. Red

Of course, the fastest updates you can see at:
https://www.instagram.com/Mateusz.Salawa.Aquascaping
https://www.youtube.com/MateuszSalawaAquascaping

Last edited:
Hi
Beautiful setup.Especially like the hack with the chopping board. The light comes as quite bright to the eye.DO U have option for dimming it at all.
Regards Konsa

The aquarium functions without any major reservations. The shrimp probably liked the system, I can still see new young shrimp. In the film you can see how the weekly fast service looks like. The cube doesn’t really take too much time. The tank lives its natural mode without major interference from outside.
I encourage you to SUBSCRIBE and ask questions in the comments bellow.

Subscribe to my channel ;) I will be grateful :clap:

Lovely nano scape.
Thank you ;)

Below I enclose a few photos from the tank. :)

49605994_278427682841699_9162862235486257152_n.jpg

49948692_280550579296076_4552159438152138752_n.jpg

51423745_290549158296218_7637659665811111936_o.jpg

51548012_291563818194752_2847124105302376448_o.jpg

51769681_292278968123237_5560725030356123648_n.jpg

So far, the maintenance of the tank is based on the daily feeding of red cherry shrimps and on the water change, which I do once a week. In the tank, new young shrimps appear from time to time. ;)

From the first day, I don’t add fertilizers to the tank. Also, I don’t give CO2 in any form. Still, the plants grow without problems. Every now and then I see new leaves from Anubias and new runners from the Vallisneria.

In the first days of life, there were brown algae in the tank. I tried to remove algae mechanically during the maintenance. After several such treatments, algae haven’t returned.

IMG_1036p_ig.jpg

IMG_1046p_ig.jpg

IMG_1064p_IG.jpg

It's the easiest aquarium I've ever had. Plants take over the interior of the tank. Anubias and moss are in excellent condition. Algae in the tank practically do not occur. The condition of plants does not require more work from me. I can only admire the arrangements and relax during the observation. ;)

The aquarium is located in our kitchen, undoubtedly acts as an ornament of the apartment and evokes a positive impression among our guests. Due to the small size of the tanks, it does not require a lot of work. :thumbup:

Enjoy watching and don't forget to subscribe :happy:

Did the rotala not make it? I've never had success with it low tech.

Stunning tank by the way. Truely inspirational. Are you heating it?

Hi, I don't have rotala in this tank. :rolleyes: In another tank with low light I had rotala. It didn't grow fast but it was in nice condition. :happy: Check my You Tube channel (Mateusz Salawa Aquascaping episode: 46). :thumbup: Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you like it. :) Currently, I don't have a heater in that aquarium. I hope my answer is satisfactory for you. :angelic:

The tank is completely trouble-free, still does not give fertilizers, once a week I make a quick water changes (~ 40%). ;) I will try to replicate this solution in the future in other tank. Not so bad this tap water, you can live with it. In my head I have an idea for a new, slightly larger tank in this style :angelic:.

I tried to do a bit better photo of the arrangment. :snaphappy: Check it below. :happy:

Edge_of_the_forest_Salawa_1.jpg

Back