1. You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. For more information click the following link: Cookie Usage

Dismiss Notice

150l Gurami - Somewhat Asian Themed

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Raptorendame, 9 Jan 2017.

1. Raptorendame

Raptorendame Member

Hello!

I think it's time for a new journal, as I will get my new tank tomorrow (well,I have to go get it. Nice 5 hour drive.. ^^ The things you do ...)

Here's what I got so far:

Custom made tank (61x48x60) - about 150l
    Lighting: Kessil A160W Tuna Sun (delivery somewhat next week, had to import it from UK)
    Filtration: Eheim eXperience 250
    Heating: Tetra HT 100
    Co2: I have no idea yet, haven't had one before and am still figuring out what I need

Plants: I want to stick to plants that come from asia/southeast asia
    I also want to plant some plants in emersed planting thingies I saw in other tanks on this site. They are normally used for bathrooms ^^'
    I am still looking for suggestions here, so far I decided that I want:
    Pogostemon Erectus (emersed)
    Bucephalandra (of some sort)
    probably Ultricularia graminifolia
    (Suggestions very welcome)

Stocking:
    A pair of Honey Guramis
    A school of Boraras brigittae
    Kuhli Loaches(?)
    (Any suggestions on the stocking are very welcome!)

I want to use the Ada Malaysa Soil/Sand/Powder Combo.

So far for my plans, I'll follow up with pictures tomorrow once I get the tank :D

Nelson likes this.
  2. Nelson

Nelson Member

Sounds good.
    You could do a riparium style tank with mainly emersed plants.Then wood/roots and leaf litter/botanicals.
    Some great stuff here, https://tanninaquatics.com/collections/aquatic-botanicals .
    Don't forget Cryptocoryne's.
    Ultricularia graminifolia can be very hard to grow.Though you could try it emersed and let it grow down into the water.
    Honey gourami's are from India,still Asia though.
    Some great video's for inspiration, https://www.youtube.com/user/DiscoveryPlanetuk/videos .
    Good luck ;).

dw1305 and Raptorendame like this.
  3. Raptorendame

Raptorendame Member

Thanks for your input! I've been thinking about going for something a bite more like a riparium, i'll think about it.

And I've been looking for a channel on youtube like this, thank you :)

Nelson likes this.
  4. Raptorendame

Raptorendame Member

It's there!

6 hour drive yesterday, this morning a kind neighbor helped me put it in place ^^ It's so new, it still smells of silicone.

C16AY3jXAAEjoCU.jpg

Now I need some good hardscape materials. Phew...
    I'd like to create some sort of "trunk" in the left corner, with a slight slope and some stones.

EDIT: I'll need a small ladder to scape this thing. I'm only 1,58. Didn't think this through ...

Attached Files:

Nelson likes this.
  5. Raptorendame

Raptorendame Member

Bad news - my Kessil A160W arrived today, and after letting it acclimate I turned it on for testing and it is very loud. I could here the "Wrrrrrrr" across the room. Actually sounds like the fan is imbalanced or smth like that. I already contacted Kessil and my reseller in UK (there are no german resellers, so I hadto import it) and hope it will be exchanged :(

Has anyone here any experience with this lamp and can tell me if it's really that loud? I read that it is dead silent, but I am worried now that I am betting on the wrong horse (so to speak)