• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

15 UK applicants (IAPLC)

Cheers for all that got in the top 200 and for those that will next year.
I almost made up my mind about my winners, but will think a bit before casting vote.

I also know what to vote for, some tanks I know personally so I know that the picture isn't photoshop. :) in fact the picture does not do justice to the tank.

There some amazing scapes there, and great inspirations indeed.

I do think that this new way if voting is exciting, we get to vote for what we like.

Will be a controversial vote, over 2000 entrants, many will be there to cast the votes for their friends, so maybe some surprises about the winner.

I personally did not like the ones with prints at the back, the "turkish" style, but obviously the judges did. The floating islands are also a bit of deja vu.

My favorite is the jungle with what looks like trees, that is without a doubt the best for me, would love to know how they did the trees. Really good.

ghostsword said:
I also know what to vote for, some tanks I know personally so I know that the picture isn't photoshop. :) in fact the picture does not do justice to the tank.

There some amazing scapes there, and great inspirations indeed.

I do think that this new way if voting is exciting, we get to vote for what we like.

Will be a controversial vote, over 2000 entrants, many will be there to cast the votes for their friends, so maybe some surprises about the winner.

I personally did not like the ones with prints at the back, the "turkish" style, but obviously the judges did. The floating islands are also a bit of deja vu.

My favorite is the jungle with what looks like trees, that is without a doubt the best for me, would love to know how they did the trees. Really good.
+1 on the "turkish" style and the floating rocks.
If you are talking about #159 it is my favourite to. Real masterpiece. I don't know who made it, but i hope he wins.

Quite intrigued by this one, anyone know what the moss/algae is?

178720_4295015862156_1213916712_o.jpg

i think it is algae Tom, well spotted. You can tell on the main branch just on the left of the center of the pic.

There's some awesome tanks. The level is so much better this year.

I dont hold much hope, but with my tank being heavily featured in the new Tropica catalogue, i'm not too fussed about an ADA result :)

BigTom said:
Quite intrigued by this one, anyone know what the moss/algae is?

178720_4295015862156_1213916712_o.jpg
Cladophora. And by the way is quite difficult to make scape with Cladophora and other plants, keeping them from outcompeting the algae.

My personal opinion, why not just use moss, algae is not cool...even if it is a difficult skill to grow it alongside healthy plants too! I suppose its different though, and alongside the ADA advertising bottom right may stand him/her in good stead ;) :lol:

Ady34 said:
My personal opinion, why not just use moss, algae is not cool...even if it is a difficult skill to grow it alongside healthy plants too! I suppose its different though, and alongside the ADA advertising bottom right may stand him/her in good stead ;) :lol:

I imagine keeping both algae and plants well would show/require a good level of skill. Just someone thinking outside the cuboid I suppose. :D

Mark Evans said:

I dont hold much hope, but with my tank being heavily featured in the new Tropica catalogue, i'm not too fussed about an ADA result :)

Which one is it mark? Pages? Ive got the tropica catalouge. The whole thing looks fantastic.

The names are written over the tanks Nathaniel. It has to be new catalog. Cover picture is also from Marks tank.
There are also Dans, Tonys and my tanks featured together with the videos online. Whole thing happened thanks to Mark.

Mark Evans said:

True to that, some amazing one from you guys. Glad to see the finished scapes photos early.
Congrats to UKAPS for qualifying in the 2nd round.

Not really into the ones with posters in the back but Amano knows why he selected them. :)

Since I'm not voting this year here's my fav:
336091_4295008981984_2008528208_o.jpg

Mike

Piece-of-fish said:
The names are written over the tanks Nathaniel. It has to be new catalog. Cover picture is also from Marks tank.
There are also Dans, Tonys and my tanks featured together with the videos online. Whole thing happened thanks to Mark.

Think Ive got an old one haha :) thought something was a miss.

Sorry :D

I also like that tank with the shards, but it does look like a photoshot montage.. So not real for me.. :)

Now about the new Tropica Catalogue.. where can I get one? :) And signed by the UK masters please.. :)

clonitza said:
Mark Evans said:

True to that, some amazing one from you guys. Glad to see the finished scapes photos early.
Congrats to UKAPS for qualifying in the 2nd round.

Not really into the ones with posters in the back but Amano knows why he selected them. :)

Since I'm not voting this year here's my fav:
336091_4295008981984_2008528208_o.jpg

Mike

I like it but not the way the image is captured. Hardly a representative picture.

This work is interesting but is similar to last years winning work and it really hurts my eyes when i look at it :)
The hobby has proggressed so fast, look at the 2005-2006 for example. Almost any of todays Top 200 could have won you grand prize back then. Amazing.
Hard decision to choose the favourites and really curious how the new voting system will perform.

mikeappleby said:
The hi res photos are now quite easy to see (better quality than the Facebook ones):

http://www.adana.co.jp/iaplc2012/en/top200vote/

This is the one I'd like most in my house

041.jpg

amazing!

Good post thanks, especially for Luddites like me who have been struggling all week trying to download viewable images.

Back