• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape 120cm Island Scape

Redback

I'll be moving house in the next 2-3 months so my old scape in my 120cm 300 litre which is now 2 years old will be stripped down, old picture from a year ago below of the triangular scape.

DSC_3034.JPG

New scape will be central so was going for a proper island scape where there will be open space at either end and in the front. Same plan as Aquarium Gardens (below) did in one of his with it open on 3 sides, my scape won't be anything like this rock island however

AG Island.jpg

I've a massive amount of Trident Fern like a soccer ball circumference amount and that'll be on of the focus plants, also have in the current tank, no plans yet on using all of what I have
  • MonteCarlo
  • Bucephalandra (loads)
  • Fissidens Fontanus
  • Crypts
  • Spikey Moss
  • Bolbitis heudelotii
  • S Repens
Alos looking at adding maybe some new plants like
  • Pogostemon Erectus
  • Cyperus Helferi
  • Limnophila hippuridoides
  • Myriophyllum mattogrossense
  • Blyxa japonica
Anything you think I might be missing a trick on add or removing from the plant list?

So much for the master plan that we would be moved into new house in 3 months back in January. Only got the keys at end of July. I've re-scaped the tank but yet to plant it, I'm very happy with how it looks but sure can always make adjustments.

DSC_3757.JPG

I have 9 litres of Amazonia2 in mesh bags underneath the islands using the same principal that MD Fish Tanks does off YouTube. There's 4 large pieces of wood, which are glued to Seriyu stones to stop floating or movements. This is all capped off with a Medium/Coarse sand and then finer sand for the outer edges and the path between the islands. Also using some Rio Xingu stone for extra decoration around Seriyu to highlight the islands.

DSC_3761.JPG

Any ideas folks on something you might add?

I think you've done a great job.

My only suggestion might be to add more wood, as depending on your plant choice the hardscape may get lost fairly quily - particularly if you go MD plant choice too

Back