• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Tom said:
This is the first I've seen of this layout - wow again ;)

Really ? I go to bed DREAMING about Mark... oops I mean about Mark's SCAPES :lol: :lol:

Antipofish said:
Tom said:

Really ? I go to bed DREAMING about Mark... oops I mean about Mark's SCAPES :lol: :lol:

Just imagine the losing buzzer sound from family fortunes just after you said that Chris ha ha ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alastair said:
Antipofish said:
Tom said:

Just imagine the losing buzzer sound from family fortunes just after you said that Chris ha ha ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh ?

Cheers Chaps. Thanks Tom :thumbup:

I'm taking a few photos this weekend in amongst all the work i have to do! :?

The rare fern that i bought from living waters is doing great. A very pretty, small fern.

I look forward to seeing new pictures. Your photos are always such a treat! Be sure to include some with detail of that small fern if you can.

hydrophyte said:
look forward to seeing new pictures. Your photos are always such a treat! Be sure to include some with detail of that small fern if you can.

The fern is really small mate. I need a macro lens to do it justice.

Here's a few, very random images. I didnt have any time or the heart to take good shots.

The moss is looking great. In a couple fo shots, you can see how certain mosses grow different to one another.

8275903726_e6d2a2974b_b.jpg
scape-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

8275903226_14c8f78836_b.jpg
scape-1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

8274839739_0b9f9686fd_b.jpg
scape-3 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

8275904824_32712cf440_b.jpg
scape-4 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

8275905330_88473301be_b.jpg
scape-5 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Awesome photos Mark :thumbup: Beautiful details.

How much time a photo session takes for you when you do a series of images like this? I know the movable cabinet makes the life much easier, but i feels that you spend a more time to get that moment. Whatever time you spend with it its really worth the effort. Great angle, amazing shots kind of your mark by now :wave:

Ian Holdich said:
For me this is my fave pic of this journal!

Cheers Ian. :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
How much time a photo session takes for you when you do a series of images like this?

Thanks for the kind words Viktor.

Honest answer?....about 3 minutes, maybe 5.

Once the settings are dialled in, it's a case of fire a dozen shots off and that's it. These really aren't what I'd call 'proper' photos.

There more like diary shots. Images top look back to see progress. Once I get the flash heads out, then, I'll think more about composition, ripple etc... a bit more 'technical'...sharper, more time spent on focusing.

Which do you enjoy most Mark ? Scaping or Photographing your Scapes ?

Mark Evans said:
Honest answer?....about 3 minutes, maybe 5.

Oh... ugh :D Allright then i will do my homework to shave like an hour or 2 at least :thumbup:
Which lens you're using? Is this the 135mm? (i remember you had a fav lens for outdoor shots before)

I think i still have problems finding the right lens to work with. For full tank shots 15-50 works well. But detail shots they gives a different image. 100mm Macro is good sometimes, but still not the one which gives the perfect result when i am out of macro mode.

Looking at the images again on Flickr it's not only about the great composition, lens (and the tank itself of course) but the color rendering is beautiful on your shots. Well if you start to organize the photo thing i may will join in... just need to find an excuse from my wife :lol: :thumbup:

Antipofish said:
Which do you enjoy most Mark ? Scaping or Photographing your Scapes ?

That all depends on my mood Chris. sometimes photography, sometimes scaping...somtimes...neither. :lol:

Again, thanks Viktor.

I've used the Canon 135mm f2 @f2. It's without doubt, my favourite lens, and probably one of the best lenses Canon produce. Certainly the sharpest and most 'dramatic'... especially @ F2.

I've got the ball rolling with the Photographic seminar. Mine and Tony's ideas should see us killing several birds with one stone.

Hopefully a seminar/talk which will show how to photograph a tank, but also it'll combine the usual 'tank setup' we've discussed a few ideas over a meal @ aquatics live.

It will more than likely take several months to organise, but it will happen. I'm getting in touch with people who I think will bring something valuable to the table, and can help our small but forever growing community. Tropica like the idea also, so it could be a great event.

That is something to look forward to! I will be happy to attend and also help, if needed! :thumbup:

tim said:
would be most interested in this seminar my photography skills are shocking sounds really good mark

Cool! :D

Ian Holdich said:
If antoni's coming then ill be there deffo!

Antoni said:
I will be happy to attend and also help, if needed!

I'll be sure to keep my wife away from this :lol: People! Antoni is far too good looking for wife's and partners to be present. I almost fancy the guy myself. :lol:

Seriously though guys, thanks for the offers of help. I'm sure there's a bit everyone can help out with.

tim said:
I would be most interested in this seminar my photography skills are shocking sounds really good mark

Me too. sounds like a great event. Happy to help in any way too.

Back