• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Some new fish. extra pics added.

chilled84 said:
O haha (Sycastic) lol Seriously?

:lol:

There's 2 filters mate. I've somehow, luckily, got them running just right for this setup. Flow isnt manic, but somehow, just right. Lighting is low with just 2 x 54t5. It's not ready for halides just yet.

With the 2 filters, there's also 2 x co2 systems running, both on in line diffusers.

These penguins are cracking. Sorry to keep baning on about them, but there 'tightness' when swimming is just fantastic. When one decides to go one way, they all go. I'll do a vid to show it sometime...

fish-4.jpg

fish-5.jpg

they look really good mate, are you gonna get a few more? As i said earlier, they are one tetra that rarely leaves the school. Also that angle they swim at is ace!

ianho said:
are you gonna get a few more?

Deffo. I've decided, this is the main fish for the tank. :D

Question is, how many?...30 would look mega

May aswell start with a cliche as it's my first post on one of your legendary journals :rolleyes: ...

Your scapes are truly inspirational Mark ,the pictures and videos, impeccable! I won't embaress myself further and wax lyrical though, i'm sure you get too much of that anyway.

Judging by that last penguin pic, it appears you may have picked up a non conformist, best stamp that out post-haste :lol:

The ruby shark is a bold choice aswell, but the colour should be worth it! With all the space he has, hopefully he won't get too boisterous.

Keep up the good fight :)
All the best,
Joe

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Some new fish

Hey Mark,

Good to chat to you yesterday mate, great advice from you as always! Thanks. The tank looks superb, really like the composition and layout, stunning photos! The penguins and ruby look great, I really like the way the most simple underrated fish seem to come to life in your tank and with your photography. Great viewing!

I love Penguin tetras too. A bit underated, I think because they're pretty big, so it makes a tank look smaller. Is the Ruby Shark similar to Red-tailed Shark? Red-tailed sharks don't do well in community tanks with smaller fish, they're quite territorial and aggressive.

Beautiful tank and impressive photography!

Beautiful fish there Mark! I would imagine in a tank of this size the shark will have plenty of space to stake it's claim, and with it as a threat should keep the shoal nice and tight. ;)

The penguins look very nice and suit the scape.

Gill said:
The penguins look very nice and suit the scape.

cheers Bud :D

Bobtastic said:
I would imagine in a tank of this size the shark will have plenty of space to stake it's claim, and with it as a threat should keep the shoal nice and tight.

If the shark dosent play ball, he'll end up on toast!

flygja said:
I love Penguin tetras too. A bit underated,

I've so often looked over them, but now they are in the tank, they're just great :thumbup:

B7fec said:
Good to chat to you yesterday mate, great advice from you as always! Thanks. The tank looks superb, really like the composition and layout, stunning photos! The penguins and ruby look great, I really like the way the most simple underrated fish seem to come to life in your tank and with your photography. Great viewing!

Thanks mate :oops:

J Butler said:
May aswell start with a cliche as it's my first post on one of your legendary journals ...

Your scapes are truly inspirational Mark ,the pictures and videos, impeccable! I won't embaress myself further and wax lyrical though, i'm sure you get too much of that anyway.

Judging by that last penguin pic, it appears you may have picked up a non conformist, best stamp that out post-haste

The ruby shark is a bold choice aswell, but the colour should be worth it! With all the space he has, hopefully he won't get too boisterous.

Keep up the good fight
All the best,

Thanks you :oops:

Well, after another week of madness, things are really stable. The 2 x 54w t5 combo is spot on at the moment.

Very little in the way of algae.

One addition I've made, but not mentioned was a bristle nose catfish. I've had them before, and it didn't get all that big. He sits on the wood, and has cleaned a lot of the back glass and big stone of GDA ;)

Crypts have settled in properly now, with visible roots against the glass. The balansae is coming through really strong, along with the aponogeten crispus red.

anyway, here's a top down shot.

down-1.jpg

One addition I've made, but not mentioned was a bristle nose catfish
. I've had them before, and it didn't get all that big. He sits on the wood, and has cleaned a lot of the back glass and big stone of GDA ;)

Mark i have one of these in my tank and he is a nightmare. lol. He digs caves under the wood and pushes soil out from areas i need it to places i dont want it such as a clean white forground! LOL. Soil on sand, Not good. :D

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 @ 5 weeks

Time will tell mate. My experience with them is good. He is placid. Lazy actually.

Well fed actually :lol:
Where's the diver mate? Still enjoying a cocktail on the couch?
Nice shot mate thou' I'd like you to take one from behind if ya know what I mean :D

Have a nice weekend!

looking good Mark. The Ludwigia (?) is looking loads reder (is that even a word).

I love the ripple and the colour on the back! Oh man, I want to say what I see and feel, but its already in at least 10 of my previous posts if not all and.... that sucks.. :D I want to post something different than "great scape" "what a growth" "shots to die for.." :D but I cant :rolleyes: maybe is my english :lol: or there is not much to be said?!

All the different red accents seem to be coming through beautifully now, a true sanguine dream! :thumbup:

Back