• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' The bits you cant see (pics)@ 4 da

viktorlantos said:
hope you will recover soon

Thanks Viktor. It's getting easier each day. :wave:

As Well as the shrimp, my little courier friend got me some 5 banded barbs. I like these, and no doubt, someone will inform that they eat plants, stones or something that will turn the tank into a disaster :lol:

5-stiped-barb.jpg

Mark, they actually eat Manzanita wood, It's part of their staple diet. It'll be all gone in the morning! T

Good choice mate!

Antoni said:
Wish you fast recovery, my friend!

Thanks my friend. :angelic:

ianho said:
they actually eat Manzanita wood

:lol: they've eaten the lot

I decided, i couldn't lay down any longer. I must admit, i feel tons better. It was mostly my mobility that I'd lost on a temporary basis.

I thought I'd best start moving, and what better way, than to do water change. boy i'm suffering now :arghh:

Here's a couple of snaps. The first shows the fish hanging out up the path, whilst the tank was filling.

wc-1.jpg

After scooping the top layer off the surface, when the tank is refilling, I'll switch the filter on to turn over the water. helps keep it clear. It's like glass afterwards.

wc2-1.jpg

I love those pentazona barbs Mark! Had some in my old tank and they shoal really nicely, look kinda like they're being pulled along by a piece of string! Is it just the 6 you have, if so get some more cuz they look great!

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 'Ruby' @ almost 2 weeks

Joecoral said:
Is it just the 6 you have, if so get some more cuz they look great!

Yes mate, they shoal great. I might get some more. :D

Antoni said:
BUT the water changes

Tell me about it :? Massive!

The stems are doing great, especially on the right. Rotala so. green insists on growing along the substrate though.

2-weeks-1.jpg

Moss is doing really good along with the crypts.

looking great Mark! The center of the tank is looking very nice as well.

So ... where's the diver? :lol:
I don't know mate, looks interesting, I know that the photo doesn't do any justice to the scape but not really sure about fencing the sterns with the crypts. I would've pulled them out and let the beautiful plants in the back develop to the front. Oh, but never mind me thinking out loud. :)

Antoni said:
hope you feel well too?!

Better mate, thanks. :thumbup:

clonitza said:
I would've pulled them out and let the beautiful plants in the back develop to the front. Oh, but never mind me thinking out loud.

that'd be called a dutch tanks no? :lol:

ianho said:
The center of the tank is looking very nice as well.

cheers mate. My fave bit so far. The other parts need to develop.

The 60cm is no more :D i took all the live stock out, which were 7 or so cardinals, 10 shrimp and 8 ottos. I'm surprised they were all there.

Everything, including the mature filter and other NAG green MH lamp, has now gone on this tank.

The cardinals, finding their feet.

cardinals-1.jpg

viktorlantos said:
Mosses already looks cool.

They're rapid! really quick,clean growth. Better than my xmas moss.

I forgot to add, along with the extra filter, I've also added the co2 system that was rigged up to that filter so there's 2 co2 systems working along with 2 filters. That should solve any co2 issues :geek:

icepotato89 said:
looking really nice!! any chance of a FTS?

Thanks ice.

here's a quick shot. It's still early days so stems look a bit ragged, and overall, everything is untidy.

fts2-1.jpg

The 5 banded barbs are just great.

Hanging out under the wood.

5-banded2.jpg

5-banded.jpg

skeletonw00t said:
How are you finding them? Did they leak at all?

They're great. Mine have never leaked. You need to make sure all pipes are the correct length to eliminate the 'trapped air' syndrome associated with these filters.
Trapped air = noisy filter

i was really surprised how quiet they were/are!

Those barbs are ace, are you getting any more?

ianho said:
Those barbs are ace, are you getting any more?

I reckon so Ian. I'll do a vid at the weekend. I'm just getting a few clips together. :thumbup:

I'm spoilt for choice with fish. :D

Back