• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 preview 'Ruby'

Sexy stuff haha. Ada always makes me happy :)

So do tax rebates :) :)

Today I've finally put the order in for my lighting. All paid up and waiting now.

Thanks to Rich @ aqua essentials for tremendous service and patience :thumbup:

There's a turn around of about 4 weeks, but i'm in no rush 8)

I only need about 54W x 4 for my 120 gal, which is 120cm x 60x 60.
The MH's will not be needed much, maybe 1-2 hours a day is all.

Bobtastic said:
Not sure how I missed this one but really looking forward to see your setup, scape and results!

Thanks Bob. it'll be a while though, as i'm busy for the next 3 months.

Joecoral said:
That's a lot of light!

Some might say it is, but IMO it's not. 150MH over a 60l is what i'm running at the moment, so i'm sure i can handle whats to come. 8)

plantbrain said:
The MH's will not be needed much, maybe 1-2 hours a day is all.

I'll see how the planting takes me before i decide on which way to go with the T5 and MH combination.

with the geissman infinity, you can move the MH lamps sidewards by 10cm each way (an are of 30cm) which could come in handy to focus them over certain parts.

I've gone for the powerchrome 5600k MH, which, by all account's are quite special to look at, and the powerchrome midday T5 lamps.

The substrate has now been ordered and is on its way...from Aquajardin. :thumbup:

The substrate system will be

5 x 9L bags ADA amazonia
Powersand special.

penac p
penac w
Tourmaline BC
clear super
Bacter100.

substrate arrived today. :) Thanks to aquajardin for incredible service. :clap:

I'm now thinking about fish. As the tank is rather large, i'd love some large fish. :geek:

here's a pic.

ADA goodness.

ADA1.jpg

and I'll add a bit of this...

ada-powder.jpg

Bobtastic said:
is this a sponsored scape? Or have you just won the lottery?!

part sponsored. The lighting and substrate, I've paid for out of my tax rebate. The rest has kindly been donated.

I hope i can do it all justice. I'm itching to get my hands on the lighting rig 8)

Mark Evans said:
The rest has kindly been donated.
Alright for some! I can't actually contain my jealousy on that one, I'd punch the Prime Minister to get something free, maybe I'd get the bug back then.

Garuf said:
Alright for some! I can't actually contain my jealousy on that one, I'd punch the Prime Minister to get something free,

If you feel you've got something to offer someone/company, then ask. Asking is free.

Also, if you feel you can provide these companies with hi res images etc, then ask again. It's simple.

By the way, you may notice, I've also parted with about £1300 of my own money. That's why i go to work :D ...to maintain my hobby.

wow £1300, thank god for tax rebates! lol

I'm the same mate, i don't go out and drink anymore (well not often), i also stopped smoking 2 years ago. So it's also my only vice. Hobby's are good.

What is the Penac stuff for?

ianho said:
wow £1300, thank god for tax rebates! lol

:lol: true mate. I got £3500 in total...slowly spending most of it :D

ianho said:
What is the Penac stuff for?

i'm not sure :lol:

stuworrall said:
very nice setup and kit mark Looking forward to seeing it all in

viktorlantos said:
Looking good Mark! Can't wait to see what you came up with.

hopefully, i'll come up with something as good as you guys :thumbup:

Thinking cap is on.I have an idea or 2 bouncing around. One thing is for sure...I'm bang up for this, my biggest tank so far.

That rules me out, I ain't no photographer!

Penac is basically pumice, silica and the mineral tourmaline, some organic matter presumably moss/fern roots and some additional ferts, very, very little of what's in penac is of any use to plants.

Back