• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

10L of moss would retail for around £500 and considering from whos tank it came you can double that :D
You might want to reevaluate what you do for a living :lol:

tim said:
just re read this journal from start to finish long read but so worth it i am in awe this has to be my favourite scape to date

many thanks Tim :thumbup:

Piece-of-fish said:
10L of moss would retail for around £500 and considering from whos tank it came you can double that
You might want to reevaluate what you do for a living

For once, it's up to your standard Ed. Moss has been tricky for me before, but I reckon I've got it sorted now.

I've got some new wood on which I'm deciding on whether I should use it or not.

6878463594_45a0243d7d_b.jpg
big-wood by saintly's pics, on Flickr

The 1-2 Grow! theme, may still happen, but in a smaller tank. It'd be too much work in such a big tank. I'd like to keep this next set up long term.

Interesting wood. A bit too bulky but i am sure you can make it work. You defo need to step away from Manzi to make your portfolio more interesting ;)

Piece-of-fish said:
Interesting wood. A bit too bulky but i am sure you can make it work. You defo need to step away from Manzi to make your portfolio more interesting ;)

Or get more interesting manzy :idea:

I have a love affair with manzi. :lol:

As I recall, I was one of the first to retail the stuff in the uk. If there's anything else better in the uk, let us see it ED :D

Mark Evans said:

As I recall, I was one of the first to retail the stuff in the uk. If there's anything else better in the uk, let us see it ED :D

I used to think that Redmoor was the D's B's ....... then I encountered Manzanita !!! I think now, that although some pieces of Redmoor are quite superb, Manzy beats it hands down. It has so many thicknesses and intricate shapes that all you need do is get a different piece rather than search for an alternative.

I would love to see you do a full on Iwagumi though Mark. I expect you have done several before though. Or maybe something as wacky as Georgi's (aquadream) "Another Day In Paradise" :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:

No excuses please... :rolleyes: You can make any wood look good 8)

Your journal should come with a warning to us mere mortals, at how inadiquate we will feel after reading it :)

haha or we can get over it and say how inspiring it is, its great to have something to aim at but did you have to set the standards so high.

somethingfishy said:
Your journal should come with a warning to us mere mortals, at how inadiquate we will feel after reading it :)

haha or we can get over it and say how inspiring it is, its great to have something to aim at but did you have to set the standards so high.
my wonderful wife was commenting about my tank, saying how good it is starting to look. So i showed her marks' journal...... ;)

Piece-of-fish said:
Mark Evans said:

No excuses please... :rolleyes: You can make any wood look good 8)

I think that there is better than manzy.. have you checked out Water Cypress wood? Big massive pieces.. :) Tom Barr was selling some.

darren636 said:
my wonderful wife was commenting about my tank, saying how good it is starting to look. So i showed her marks' journal......

I hope she's more accomodating than my wife :?

somethingfishy said:
Your journal should come with a warning to us mere mortals, at how inadiquate we will feel after reading it

Thanks mate. Although, I've been rather quiet of late.

Piece-of-fish said:
No excuses please... You can make any wood look good

Nah mate.

I wont be using any wood in the next scape'

Just stone. Here's a small part of the layout.

7032246497_8feb83328f_b.jpg
layout-ideas by saintly's pics, on Flickr

ianho said:
i prefer that to the wood. Is this in the 90 or the 120?

This is a small portion of what's in the 120cm Ian. A low foreground, slightly higher mid, and stems, crypts etc and maybe an echinodorus focal point in the rear.

I want tonnes of swimming space for fish. I'm a bit bored of 'filling' tanks with plants, leaving no open space.

BTW, Plants on their way ;)

6886708238_fe07d0b843_b.jpg
layout-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

And to make life even easier for photography, i've attached wheels to the cabinet. There pretty expensive, but they are designed to take well over a ton. It's so, so simple to now move the tank away from the wall :angelic:

6886589430_d08da6c99f_b.jpg
wheel by saintly's pics, on Flickr

great idea with the wheels, that will save your back!

I reckon you should stick with the stone, and is the substrate gonna be pure gravel?

ianho said:
great idea with the wheels, that will save your back!

I reckon you should stick with the stone, and is the substrate gonna be pure gravel?

The wheels are a god send. I'm moving this thing around with ease.

It's going to be part gravel (foreground) and used ADA soil, which I've dried out. (it's also maintained it's shape and not broken down)

I'm playing around with wood too, It works both ways, but not until it's planted will the whole picture become more clear.
I've accidently chopped part of the left side off.

I guess I should start some kind of journal.

7033087063_b127403666_b.jpg
black-layout by saintly's pics, on Flickr

i have an idea. With those wheels you could create go- kart aquascape championships. take the world by storm.

Back