• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 A new perspective

viktorlantos said:
Awesome vid Mark. Love how the fishes follow your cam :D :thumbup:
ianho said:
thats great mate, you'll be in Hollywood before we know it!

:lol: yeah, right.

stuworrall said:
vid is the dogs mark! Ive been looking at those glide tracks with awe for a while, they are very nice bits of kit for the work you are doing and I'm sure you'll use it to its full potential!

It's about getting creative with it stu. They are great.

My gear list is slowly getting bigger and more expensive :?

Easier with vids, rather than stills :)

easerthegeezer said:
Tank just looks amazing mark, the glide rail really adds to the quality of the video.

Thnaks mate. :thumbup:

Here's a short production. It took about 30minutes in all, and some clips are poor, but there's all the time in the world to improve...

There's a new tune on this vid too.

Top aquascaper, top photographer, now you blowing us away with superb videography.
Is there anything you're not good at Mark.
That video is the best advert you are likely to see for this hobby, no question about it!!!!

Markus Expertus
Your a flashy git....love it. :thumbup:
How much did that gizmo cost.... :rolleyes:
The aquarium is awe inspiring....you and Tom Barr are taking Aquascaping to new levels....which I could only dream of.
I need to ditch the new golf season and get scaping but I'm too lazy I guess...for both. :?
Regards
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Markus Expertus
Your a flashy git....love it. :thumbup:
How much did that gizmo cost.... :rolleyes:
hoggie
Hi did pay few Aureus gold coins for sure... :D

Aquadream said:
Hi did pay few Aureus gold coins for sure...

I used plastic bottles to pay :shh:

hogan53 said:
The aquarium is awe inspiring....you and Tom Barr are taking Aquascaping to new levels....which I could only dream of.
I need to ditch the new golf season and get scaping but I'm too lazy I guess...for both.

Cheers hogan. Videos just feel the right thing to do to get the word out.

toadass said:
Is there anything you're not good at Mark

Making money :lol:

Tom said:
Best tank to ever come out of the UK.

Goodness. thanks mate. However, i'm certain there are better tanks out there. Thanks all the same :thumbup:

he permed my hair...

3001282053_8d80f7dc88.jpg

ianho said:
he permed my hair...

3001282053_8d80f7dc88.jpg

Oh God ! I hope we are not going to start putting up out baby pics too ! LOL.

I'm a man of many talents :lol:

I've pulled the tank away from the wall yet again. More images needed for certain tasks and companies.

I'm over run with shrimp now, so time to start catching a few i reckon.

I've done a minor trim to the foreground glosso. And a full trim shall be carried out @ the weekend. (sunday)

Good and you can do some trimming or culling out on echinodorus vesuvius and send it to Ed please? :) Thanks

Radik said:
Good and you can do some trimming or culling out on echinodorus vesuvius and send it to Ed please? Thanks

If i can find some amongst the glosso, i'll send it over.

Nice video Mark, that new sliding tripod thing was always going to get used to the hilt. You did say it would be used in every shot. Your not joking, lol. Looks nice though.

Graeme Edwards said:
Nice video Mark, that new sliding tripod thing was always going to get used to the hilt. You did say it would be used in every shot. Your not joking, lol. Looks nice though.

:lol: I did tell you so.

What with working away, and a lifestyle which dictates me being busy all of the time, the tank really has been left alone.

Dosing has been virtually non existent. However, with lower light intensity, this is all fine.

Growth has been manic, not least the Glosso. Last night was finally time to trim the tank.

This, I think has been a record tank for me. It's certainly one of the longest running tanks I've done, and I'm really pleased I've done so. Aquariums do take on a 'mature' look after a period of time.

Here is a before and after image...

6930810627_ef7a06d47a_b.jpg
4-months by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Going for a record!

Hi Mark,
love the before, love the after. Its just one of those tanks. :D

Mark Evans said:
Dosing has been virtually non existent. However, with lower light intensity, this is all fine.

Growth has been manic,

Do you feel there will be a lean growth spell, especially after the big trim, when the plants 'react' to the period of relaxed dosing or is this just never an issue. I dont suppose youll be doing any scientific test periods to see how well/long the AS holds the nutrients and can supply, but what is your personal feeling?
While many are struggling trying to perfect, maximise and idealise every factor, you just grow them even without dosing, water changes, with lower c02, reduced lighting etc. o_O
Im beginning to believe you are a magician!
Cheerio for now,
Ady.

God Mark, that growth was crazy. You were busy yesterday evening. Great to meet you by the way :) I really hope you keep this tank going, but am also eager to see your next masterpiece :)

Gill said:
I bow before the almighty

:shifty: Really Gill, I'm just doing my bit for the hobby. That's all. :angelic:

Ady34 said:
Do you feel there will be a lean growth spell, especially after the big trim, when the plants 'react' to the period of relaxed dosing or is this just never an issue. I dont suppose youll be doing any scientific test periods to see how well/long the AS holds the nutrients and can supply, but what is your personal feeling?

No scientific results I'm afraid. I work on gut feeling and my senses. My eyes are my test kit.

I've every confidence in AS and if at some point my plants do start to suffer, I'll either do one of two things....

Add more ferts via water
Add root tabs of some kind.

I do think though I won't get to that stage. The end is nigh for this tank. 5 weeks tops.

My moss needs some trimming, but the effect Christmas moss gives is quite nice when left to its own devices. It stays tidy even when left alone.

6785034006_efda72cd1e_b.jpg
moss by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Antipofish said:
God Mark, that growth was crazy. You were busy yesterday evening. Great to meet you by the way I really hope you keep this tank going, but am also eager to see your next masterpiece

Hi mate. It was good to me you also. Yeah, picked my son, then plunged right into the tank.

Back