• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Thats it until 2012

Would love to see the tank in person as its enough to inspire anyone into action but you're safe as it's too far to travel. Funny how I feel cheated when you close down one of your tanks, feel like I'm being deprived. Thanks again for a stunning tank and sharing it with us mortals

viktorlantos said:
I thought the last shot was the last for 2011 luckily you can't resist

I'm really sorry :oops: When i'm off work, i become a little 'obsessed' it's my nature.

mrjackdempsey said:
Would love to see the tank in person as its enough to inspire anyone into action but you're safe as it's too far to travel. Funny how I feel cheated when you close down one of your tanks, feel like I'm being deprived. Thanks again for a stunning tank and sharing it with us mortals

If your ever in the UK, just look me up :thumbup:

120 x 55 x 55 Thats it until 2012

Mark Evans said:
viktorlantos said:
I thought the last shot was the last for 2011 luckily you can't resist

I'm really sorry :oops: When i'm off work, i become a little 'obsessed' it's my nature.

Nah this is cool Mark. No worry mate i love these updates ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the right side, you have some Ech. agustafolia var. vesuvius.......would removing the other similar grass plants and making a nice row on that in the same space look better to you? I know what looks good in person, is quite another matter.

It sends runners but is not too bad, not like the Ech tennellus. Which also might look nice all on its own in that spot.
Also when you do a water change, taking a pic will compress all the fish into a tight long school for a good pic.
I think you can go either way with the Ech vesuvius, remove it or allow it to dominate. Not a bad spot to try out different plants to see what you like and fits best.

Hi Tom and thanks.

My initial plan was as you said. This happened, and is still happening on the left rear side.

I also planted a couple of plants at random in other spots of the tank...in hindsight this was wrong.

So maybe your suggestion would work quite well at the back/right :thumbup:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Oooops....

Mark Evans said:
please forgive me holding my hand over the first pic...trying to eliminate glare. :oops:
Mark, what was causing the glare, where was it located and what problem was it causing with the image ? If you have/ get a spare cheap tripod you can rig up a two sided reflector to either bounce the glare away or a black screen to mask it. Alternatively if the glare was causing issues with your exposure, have you tried using spot metering on your camera to localise the exposure metering ?

A misplaced thumb is better than a cut off head any day though, LOL.

6601661611_d1772a1525_b.jpg

When it come to photographing this properly, maybe 1 or 2 of you could come over and help me?...Limited numbers though, as my house is small. But the help would be deeply appreciated. I know Ed and Ian are coming so 2 more would be great. Curry, beer etc :thumbup:

If you still have space, I would love to come and help with the photography, and see that tank in person. A curry sounds a fantastic alternative to all the Christmas food we have been gorging on. (As long as it isn't TURKEY curry, LOL.

Antipofish, this shot was purely a snap mate.

I didn't intend to make it a 'proper' shot. I just placed my hand in front to stop glare. Final photos, i'll do everything by the book :thumbup:

I dont use any kind of metering. I shoot in M and know roughly what exposure should be for any given situation. that takes practise.

I just Bought Myself a VGA Cable for the Laptop, for the sole reason being your tank
Sweet Lord Your Tank Looks Breathtaking on the TV in 1080.

Gill said:
just Bought Myself a VGA Cable for the Laptop, for the sole reason being your tank
Sweet Lord Your Tank Looks Breathtaking on the TV in 1080.

I'll have to send you the uncompressed version on DVD at some point. Then you'll see what i mean. :angelic:

I've gone Mad for every shade 'BLUE'!!!!!!

I want to get the same image, but with the opalines in view.

6612887113_90476e6bfa_o.jpg
blue by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Stunning pictures Mark, similarly to rest of those uploaded to flickr.
Your greens are so lush :clap:

schraptor said:
Stunning pictures Mark, similarly to rest of those uploaded to flickr.
Your greens are so lush

Cheers bud. I didn't realise it was 'public' good job i didn't upload those ones of the wife ;)

Gary Nelson said:
I see your in PFK as well.... Well done to you

Cheers mate. Ive just had a look at it. :D

I'm in the process of a photo shoot.

Had to just about empty the tank to move it! boy, it's one heavy mother!!!!!

Checking the back glass for dirt, and as i suspected, it was spotless. something to be said for everything that's in my filter... :shh: could stir a hornets nest.

6641398705_b133c7a686_b.jpg
shoot1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

6641400753_634d98273f_b.jpg
shoot2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

I'm just refilling it, and putting the background on the wall. 8)

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 getting prepared for a quick photo shoot.

do you fill straight with the hose from the tap or do you pre-condition the water first or is it RO water ?

hinch said:
do you fill straight with the hose from the tap or do you pre-condition the water first or is it RO water ?

straight from the tap mate. I put it on the 'hot' tap and control the temp via the boiler. I can get tepid-hot via the controller. I then add seachem declor.

my boilers crap i get freezing cold or boiling hot so I've been mixing it in buckets but I'm about to setup a 1000l jobbie and really can't bring myself to do that many 10 litre buckets :) so was planning just cold tap hose straight in and hope that the other like 600l of water in there on a change will balance the temperature out .

I'm just testing a few different things with the light and the amount of blue.

I've got a specific target i need to hit, as the client as specified what they want.

I'm using just the halides as it's giving me everything i need...light over the tank, on the wall etc...

I now need to get W/B correct, and adjust in PS to make it more 'natural'

Testing where the ripples need to be etc...my assistant (not my wife, but my wife's friend...who's getting into the fish tank lark ;) )

When I've got everything sorted (W/B, ripple, light fall off, fish swimming up and down) then i'll remove the inlets and outlets.

6641874745_c76708c318_b.jpg
testing by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Yes, yes, the camera will be leveled out and all that stuff....

On a separate thing, i wont be entering this into IAPLC. :thumbdown:

Looking great mate, I'm looking forward to seeing some finished photos...mind you that one you have just taken is fab! :thumbup:

Gary Nelson said:
I'm looking forward to seeing some finished photos...mind you that one you have just taken is fab!

It's getting there. I'm looking at a few stray vallis leaves that need cutting out. Minor things that need addressing...

George Farmer said:
Why's that mate?

I just dont feel it's up to scratch mate. Thats all :)

So, here's a trial shot. I'm now going to tidy things up a bit.

The tank shall stay in this position until tomorrow night, so i dont have to rush things.

Thoughts very welcome.

test1-1.jpg

Back