• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Oooops....

when you said your Riccia was growing really well, i didn't realise it would be that much!

Riccia is used in loads of Amanos scapes. A great little plant...

George Farmer said:
TBH I've never been a fan of riccia. Moss is much more "nature" style IMO.

All personal taste mate. I love the stuff. Planning the next tank using tonnes of the stuff :lol:

ianho said:
Riccia is used in loads of Amanos scapes. A great little plant...

And he's the king of Nature aquarium

Tomorrow, i'll photographing this for other purposes.

I'll be using the blue background. It'll look much better than this image as the light is uneven. But it gives a good indication as to how it might look 8)

The blue will be more intense.

Now looking forward to moving a 360L tank :?

blue1.jpg

Mark Evans said:
And he's the king of Nature aquarium

King? He created the concept, he is god of the nature aquarium. ;)

Gorgeous photography, it looks so pristine.

I was wondering what does it look like without the aid of photography. I guess one can only know in person. Do you have an insitu room shot Mark??

sanj said:
I was wondering what does it look like without the aid of photography. I guess one can only know in person

I'm my own biggest critic, but this tank, in real life, is my best so far. Scape wise, not that great.

My wifes an even bigger critic of what i do...and for here to use the word stunning is quite rare...and a shcok :wideyed:

sanj said:
Do you have an insitu room shot Mark??

Here's a rough shot...The blue background is temp. Ready for a shoot later on.

room.jpg

Here's on overall impression shot. Not far to go...

fts-11.jpg

George Farmer said:
The riccia looks great attached to the wood!

It's on slate mate.

flygja said:
Its so good that even the right side makes a nice tank by itself

Cheers fly. The left side is now coming along nicely.

eh yes, i did notice your wife was stunning... :oops: :lol:

Oh wow, that looks...well what can I say, its been said. I like that first photo from the living room in particular. It would be such a eye magnet in any house.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post those pics. I know photography can play a big part in aquascaping and is a part of why you do it, but i was just wanting to see it from the perspective of real life feel. I love it.

sanj said:
eh yes, i did notice your wife was stunning

I do like the eastern Europeans :angelic: Russian, is that eastern European?.... o_O Anyway, shes a good girl really. Very...to the point!

sanj said:
I know photography can play a big part in aquascaping and is a part of why you do it, but i was just wanting to see it from the perspective of real life feel. I love it.

Cheers Sanj. I'm an addict mate. I just cant help taking pics and posting them.

I'm certain that many get fed up with it, but it's a release for me. I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to me putting pic after pic after pic :crazy:

3 more before 2012 come. I'm away from tomorrow, so this really is it before 12 arrives.

I would say, 4 weeks and this is done. I could take a final FTS now, but there's still a few bits that arent quite finished,

I'm chomping on the bit for the next scape'

please forgive me holding my hand over the first pic...trying to eliminate glare. :oops:

6601661611_d1772a1525_b.jpg
_MG_1615riccia by saintly's pics, on Flickr

6601666767_3a04439b1d_b.jpg
down by saintly's pics, on Flickr

6601665209_a2b5577f4c_b.jpg
crop by saintly's pics, on Flickr

I didn't get the shots i was after. Daniel my son needed his tea, so those images will have to wait until the new year.

When it come to photographing this properly, maybe 1 or 2 of you could come over and help me?...Limited numbers though, as my house is small. But the help would be deeply appreciated. I know Ed and Ian are coming so 2 more would be great. Curry, beer etc :thumbup:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Thats it until 2012

Tony Swinney said:
Count me in pal - I'll bring me lights

Fantastic Tony! I can learn a bit from you :thumbup:

I forgot to mention in the last post. I bought some fish. George will love these :shifty: ...

Opaline Gouramis. I just love em' I've had them before. Maybe not a true species, but what the hell!

They've settled really quickly, and within 1 hour they're feeding from hand.

gouramis-2.jpg

great shots Mark, and i bet they look great in there...whats the plan?? Get a bigger school of these, along with something else?

It should be good, a few tinnies and a curry.

ianho said:
whats the plan?? Get a bigger school of these, along with something else?

I'll stick with 6 just to add another colour.

I've looked at loads of amano tanks, in a similar style to this, and he likes to use plenty of species. I'm going to do the same.

A single shoal of tetras would look boring i think. I may expand the shoal of rummys as they're looking nice and show up against the blue. The cherry barbs and gouramis add yet another dimension to the colour scheme.

With the tank being 100% green, i need the fish to add the missing colour.

Here's yet another video (with music) showing the gouramis.

As usual, try to watch @ 720 or 1080p :thumbup:

Back