• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

darren636 said:
i have an idea. With those wheels you could create go- kart aquascape championships. take the world by storm.

LOL, the one who gets to the end of the race with the tank looking as close to start as possible wins ? And you have the cheek to call ME mad !! LOL. I like it Darren. I reckon Mark might not be so keen though 8)

Not too shabby

176.jpg

nb the image above above uses the image hosted on the iaplc website, so it's not breaking any rules. you're still looking at their website really... :clap:

Would love to know the photography stuff behind this - would it be possible to post up the unprocessed raw image and explain what you've done to clean it up too!

Thanks Kris and mike.

At somepoint i'll share the info on image capture...lighting etc....ripples (really tricky) i was pleased with this ripple effect.

What you see here is pretty much how it came off the camera. Apart from cropping of course. Shot with flash and rear tank illumination.

I had to take several different shots with different lighting as Tropica taking priority over IAPLC, i couldnt use the same image for both.

Tropica decided on using a different photo to this one in the catalogue. They had the pick of images. So i was left with this one for IAPLC. I also had a few other photo sessions for the Tropica front cover and the opening 2 pages (double spread)

It was time consuming pulling the tank away from the wall, so after this tank, and as the tank stand right now, i've put industrial castors on the base of the cabinet for ease of moving. The coming photo sessions will be a breaze now.

Castors are a great idea, how much did industrial ones set you back ?

And more importantly.. Do you trust them to carry your masterpieces ? :lol:

Congrats on the Tropica shoot aswell.

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Castors are a great idea, how much did industrial ones set you back ?

And more importantly.. Do you trust them to carry your masterpieces ?

The 4 wheels cost me £160.00

I took professional advice on weight and minimum loads for each wheel. I'm more than covered in this are. They're for industrial usage. :thumbup:

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Congrats on the Tropica shoot aswell.

Thanks mate. I'm now doing some more work for them. :)

Mark, do you have a solid floor ? Do you think they would run ok on Carpet ?

I think that there is one element lacking from the equation and that is the sturdiness of the cabinet. Mark's experience may be different, but I suspect that the extra drag caused by the carpet would cause problems of cabinet parallelogramming and subsequent collapse :(

It's on a hard wood floor, so no problem there.

The cabinet is the most sturdy thing ever....best ive ever seeen.

Rock solid, and braced throught out. Ed will vouch for the cabinet, as he made it.

The wheels will take well over a ton, and are made by blickle. A company for Germany.

sanj said:
I wonder.... could you be the first UK contestant to get into the top 20...or is there a quiet one out there that we just dont hear about

Top 20?....i cant see it making top 100.

George Farmer said:
A masterpiece. Your best yet mate.

PS Still waiting for my Tropica catalogue...

It'll leave this weekend mate. I do apologize...you know why.

re. the final image. As you can see, I should of taken the odd ball fish out and added more cardinals. The gourami and cherry barb are really distracting.

see i think it adds to it TBH Mark, i have noticed a few tanks with a real different stocking. Gouramis and Tetras...it shows fish selection isn't everything. This is stunning mate and you deserve top 30, it's a pity about the voting system!

Its a stunning photo of a stunning aquascape.
The ripples are very nice.
Mark Evans said:
Top 20?....i cant see it making top 100.
The competition is strong, but it has a good chance of getting into the top 100 as its quite unique and very eye catching.
Good luck, sounds like you could do with a 'cheer me up'.
Ady.

I do agree this competition is a tough one and led volume wise the Chinese whatever Chinese they are; Singapore-Chinese, Malaysian-Chinese, Vietnam-Chinese.... yot get the picture :lol:

They do push the boat out.

Still hopefully we will have more in the top 100, I cant remember the UK best performance, but I thought it was sub 100.

Good luck!!

Back