• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Going for a record!

Mark Evans said:
On a side note, can I thank everyone on the Ukaps forum who's subscribed to my YouTube channel.

I've just hit 800 subscribers. :angelic:

I have the Big TV to myself for a hour or so. So I am watching your vid in 1080, That is better than watching the rugby :thumbup: :lol:

Hey mark, just re-read this journal for pointers i may have missed along the way but didnt see anything about what happened to the CRS? Are they still in there and breeding or did you move them on??
reading this thread back really get the scaping bug running wild!!!
Another cracking journal.

easerthegeezer said:
Hey mark, just re-read this journal for pointers i may have missed along the way but didnt see anything about what happened to the CRS? Are they still in there and breeding or did you move them on??
reading this thread back really get the scaping bug running wild!!!
Another cracking journal.

You re read it ? ALL 67 pages ? Now you have set us ALL a challenge. I may have to stay up late now hehe. It is well worth the read though and I have enjoyed this thread immensely

George Farmer said:
You're the best aquascaping videographer out there. Period.

Thanks George.

Gill said:
I have the Big TV to myself for a hour or so. So I am watching your vid in 1080, That is better than watching the rugby

Thanks Gill. I'd like one day, to put my vids on a DVD so they can be watched at best quality.

easerthegeezer said:
CRS? Are they still in there and breeding or did you move them on??

They are still there. Theyve multiplyed too. :)

Antipofish said:
You re read it ? ALL 67 pages ? Now you have set us ALL a challenge. I may have to stay up late now hehe. It is well worth the read though and I have enjoyed this thread immensely

Thanks Chris. Lets hope the next Journal is as successful.

I think it's time that i announce that this tank will be ending very soon.

I'm in desperate need to move on. There are 2 plans for the next layout. ! being high tech, stems etc and the other?....low tech...ish. Crypts moss and the likes.

I'll keep you informed once I've decided.

In terms of final image, i have 1 that really stands out and I'd be happy to use it in IAPLC and AGA 12' so i'm not even fussed about capturing the tank in it's current state.

This layout has been such a great learning tank, and i feel I've developed my style of growing plants.

Here's to the next journal, and thanks to everyone who's contributed or even looked at this thread! :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
You're the best aquascaping videographer out there. Period.

Thanks George.

Gill said:
I have the Big TV to myself for a hour or so. So I am watching your vid in 1080, That is better than watching the rugby

Thanks Gill. I'd like one day, to put my vids on a DVD so they can be watched at best quality.

easerthegeezer said:
CRS? Are they still in there and breeding or did you move them on??

They are still there. Theyve multiplyed too. :)

Antipofish said:

Thanks Chris. Lets hope the next Journal is as successful.

I think it's time that i announce that this tank will be ending very soon.

I'm in desperate need to move on. There are 2 plans for the next layout. ! being high tech, stems etc and the other?....low tech...ish. Crypts moss and the likes.

I'll keep you informed once I've decided.

In terms of final image, i have 1 that really stands out and I'd be happy to use it in IAPLC and AGA 12' so i'm not even fussed about capturing the tank in it's current state.

This layout has been such a great learning tank, and i feel I've developed my style of growing plants.

Here's to the next journal, and thanks to everyone who's contributed or even looked at this thread! :thumbup:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Time to finish and thanks to everyone.

Sad to see this one finish but excited to see the new one nevertheless :)

can't wait for the next one mate. Was a pleasure to see this tank in all it's glory in 1st person. Thank you for that opportunity. Here's to the next one!

Great journal Mark, and a great scape. :clap:
All good things must come to and end, but im very much looking forward to following the next scape whichever way you decide to go.
Any plans on removing the wood and photographing as an iwagumi as you alluded to somewhere within the journal, or is it just rip it out!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks chaps.

Ady....yeah, i may play about with it. :angelic:

I've told a couple of people local to me that i'm tearing it down, and they are in disbelief that i can take something like this apart. But this is how wee learn.

I have the 90cm, which is looking nice, to keep me occupied. Then i'll hardscape the 120. I've got some massive wood in the back garden. (not manzi)

Mark Evans said:
Thanks chaps.

Ady....yeah, i may play about with it. :angelic:

I've told a couple of people local to me that i'm tearing it down, and they are in disbelief that i can take something like this apart. But this is how wee learn.

I have the 90cm, which is looking nice, to keep me occupied. Then i'll hardscape the 120. I've got some massive wood in the back garden. (not manzi)

Will you be selling any of the contents on here from this tank Mark ? Do you have a thread for the 90cm ? Or can we see a pic of it ?

Mark Evans said:
There are 2 plans for the next layout. ! being high tech, stems etc and the other?....low tech...ish. Crypts moss and the likes.
Mark Evans said:
I have the 90cm, which is looking nice, to keep me occupied.
Maybe go low tech. If work is keeping you busy and with two tanks to look after this may be the way forward..... stems and pruning = hard work :lol:
Mind you judging by this tank you could leave it to look after itself!!! ;)
Mark Evans said:
Ady....yeah, i may play about with it.
Hope so, itll be nice to see if you can make 2 scapes from one tank to add to your repatoire!
Im kind of pleased your rescaping, in no way negatively, but im itching to see your next creation.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Maybe go low tech. If work is keeping you busy and with two tanks to look after this may be the way forward..... stems and pruning = hard work
Mind you judging by this tank you could leave it to look after itself!!!

The next tank will indeed be of 'low energy' nature. I'm working far too much to warrant having something high energy.

Antipofish said:
Will you be selling any of the contents on here from this tank Mark ? Do you have a thread for the 90cm ? Or can we see a pic of it ?

The 90 is under wraps at the moment Chris. It's nothing out of the ordinary if I'm honest.

With regards to plants. A lot of the moss will used again, but there's that much I could give some away.

Here's the last time you'll see this tank. 2 weeks of no dosing, water changes or any kind of attention....

6971931607_f15920766e_b.jpg
last-time by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Still stunning! I will miss this tank, but I must admit, I'm looking forward the new design!

I feel like I admire more the wild natural appeal of the tank!

that last pic is fantastic... congrats on a successful tank :thumbup:, very inspiring :clap: , curious on the 90 cm, i'm sure i can learn a lot, any links to the tank? i'm sure it'll make a good... late night consumption :shifty:

Rabb.D said:
that last pic is fantastic... congrats on a successful tank , very inspiring , curious on the 90 cm, i'm sure i can learn a lot, any links to the tank? i'm sure it'll make a good... late night consumption

Thanks mate. At a later date, i'll upload a journal of the 90cm

here's a side shot.

6976018157_4001e747a7_b.jpg
side by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Antipofish said:
WHOOP ! The rotala is still red

Yep!. And in the 90cm it's going green...strange o_O

Alastair said:
If only tanks could stay that way all the time with out dosing or water changes etc.

I've come to a whole new way of thinking with regards to water change and dosing. Well for my tanks at least. :geek:

when I'm not so busy, I'll post exactly what I do with my tanks.waterchanging dosing etc. :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Rabb.D said:
that last pic is fantastic... congrats on a successful tank , very inspiring , curious on the 90 cm, i'm sure i can learn a lot, any links to the tank? i'm sure it'll make a good... late night consumption

Thanks mate. At a later date, i'll upload a journal of the 90cm

here's a side shot.

6976018157_4001e747a7_b.jpg
side by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Antipofish said:
WHOOP ! The rotala is still red

Yep!. And in the 90cm it's going green...strange o_O

Alastair said:
If only tanks could stay that way all the time with out dosing or water changes etc.

I've come to a whole new way of thinking with regards to water change and dosing. Well for my tanks at least. :geek:

when I'm not so busy, I'll post exactly what I do with my tanks.waterchanging dosing etc. :thumbup:

Thanks Mark that would be good so that others can put into practice what you have done and try to recreate the same effect :)

The time has arrived to start 'taking things out'

My son started catching the shrimp. He genuinley loved trying to catch them, and did a great job of catching the amano's. The 90 is slowly getting full of algae eaters :D

My wife still thinks it's absolute madness that I'm tearing this apart.

6987966759_0dce73be52_b.jpg
dan-1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

6987967311_1e0e11623f_b.jpg
dan-2 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Back