• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

but i cant help thinking it would look nicer without the wood?

I do know what you mean, but i just want to break the mould slightly. That said, it's not even an original idea. Amano does it on many occasion's. :D

I thought it was self explanatory lol.... wood not there = look better.

But others disagree lol..... very George-esque iwagumi, but very nice none the less :)

Hehe, too much inspiration over the weekend :D
Great hardscape and with this lens tank looks as a cube :wideyed:
I am sure it will be awesome.

looking good...but i wasn't expecting to see Seiryu stone, it is Seiryu isn't it?

The huge slope adds for sure drama to the scape.
But the wood ... well seems kinda out of place.

Anyway looks very very nice. :thumbup:

Mike

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Have to agree about the wood! Maybe if it were buried just with some of the branches emerging?
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mark,
personally i think the wood looks awesome, and with the rest of the layout being so bold, i feel it only adds to the effect. I hope it stays like this and i cant wait to see it planted. Tricky choosing fish for a set up like this.... im sure youll think of something!

Hi Mark

I guess you didn't make 'Boro yesterday :) Too inspired for that eh :lol:

I was looking forward to Henge Mk2, but this looks awesome pal, and I can see where you are going with it in 6, 12 months ;) For me it needs a bit more wood on the right to balance it up, but thats cos I'm a sucker for symmetry !!!

Great rock work.

Tony

Cheers guys. The thing with hardscape is, there's no right or wrong. What I see as good, someone else sees as bad...no win. Let's see how it looks in a few months.

Tony, yeah mate. Didn't make it. Way too tired....even with berocca :lol: I'm here now though, Sat in the van.

Coming home tonight to tinker with the tank and get my final plant list sorted.

Plant choice will be fairly simple, and I won't actually need all that many plants.

Mark Evans said:
Cheers guys. The thing with hardscape is, there's no right or wrong. What I see as good, someone else sees as bad...no win.

Well said, it is what you like that matters. I like the rocks, and the wood is charming on top, but it will look even better with some plants.

Another one to follow for sure. But how long are you going to wait?

ghostsword said:
But how long are you going to wait?

2 weeks mate. By next weekend i want it up and running. :thumbup:

I've done the roughest job ever to eliminate distractions in the tank, so i can just show the hard scape. I've added moss to.

I've taken the image slightly skew wiff so it looks unbalanced on the left (falling down hill)

It's more to show how the fore to mid ground may look. that is all.

I've wet the rocks to make them even in tone.

PS-work.jpg

The stone formation is just about perfect and the wood is slowly growing on me.

Looking good Mark, are you going to leave the wood bare or will you be adding some moss to it? personally I think attaching moss to the wood and letting it cover it but still leave bits bare might aid a more natural look between the rocks and wood, but I have no idea what your planning, just wanted to add my imput, so what did you do with the orgional rock?

Hey Mark, i look forward to the final scape which usually stunning from you :D

I think i know what strange to me in this layout. This is a large tank and deep also. We usually make tank to look bigger then it is. But on this layout i feel that the tank is small. Of course we all would use the space differently, and the tank looks very different live then on photos, but this is the thing what i would change. To make the tank even bigger. ;)

i still look forward to see it planted mate :thumbup:

Back