• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Iwagumi.

I've kind of lost interest in planted tanks this year.
But you've now got me intrigued.
Doesn't look the same colour as on their site.
Standing stone ?.

Hi nelson. That's it, standing stones.

The picture you see, is 'wet' stone. It's been cleaned. Dry, it tones down a bit.

'lord of the rings' here I come :lol:

120 x 55 x 55 Iwagumi.

Yeah I feel the vibe Mark, I like stones and wood, and that piece has a great look about it. Very imposing but also looks flexible enough to be used on a variety of scapes. The trick for me would be to find mire stones to balance it out, but on that amazing tank of yours, with a wide angle lens, I am sure that we are in for a show of beauty !

Great start!

Mark Evans said:
:D
I can understand, this not being to everyone's taste, but I want to do an iwagumi in a completely different way :thumbup:

You dont need to worry about other peoples tastes... just do your stuff to please you.

Anyway if it turns out pants, youll only be doing another scape in a few months. For that matter even if its great, youll still probably be tinkering with another creation in a few months.

BTW where is this magical place were aquascaping hardscape is actually cheaper than gold? :lol:

sanj said:
BTW where is this magical place were aquascaping hardscape is actually cheaper than gold?

you just need to look around mate. I bought these particular stones from CED stone supplies.

My substrate arrived today, very sharpish to! From aqua essentials. 6 x 9l ADA amazonia. Many thanks Richard :thumbup:

When i get chance, i'll start with the final layout. I have the stone arrangement on sand, which i'm quite happy with.

Time to start!

here's the choice of stone i have. Not bad for about £30

stone.jpg

See you in a month or so, after i'm sure it works :oops:

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 Iwawoody.

OK, from my last post until now, I've done the hard scape.

My 6 year old son, Dan, helped me. There's one crucial part of the layout that is his!!!! He's well chuffed...and i'm going to keep it. ;)

This is slightly off the wall, with stone (just 3 bits) and wood!

Yep :lol:

To be quite honest, it would get criticised to death. It's really odd, but I can see it a few months down the road. it's going along the lines of 'reversed' with a 'henge' vibe.

So when it's been running for a while I may show it. :thumbup:

Good selection of stones and the price it's really attractive. Glad to know your son helped, the challenge now it's yours to plant it to look smashing and I'm certain you are up to it. :)

Good luck with it mate!

Mike

My apologies :angelic:

I'm getting my plant list together. Something along the lines of....

Moss
Grass
Tenellus
Stems
Crypts.

I initially wanted low growing plants, but with the nature of the layout, and change of mind, I'm using many varieties.

Next week, i will make a start on my 60 cm

Mark Evans said:
Yep :lol:

To be quite honest, it would get criticised to death. It's really odd, but I can see it a few months down the road. it's going along the lines of 'reversed' with a 'henge' vibe.

So when it's been running for a while I may show it. :thumbup:

Mark are you going to take photos from the start though so we can see the progression?:)

Yes sanj. I'll do that.

Whilst at tropica this weekend, I'll see what they have. It may give a bit of inspiration. Might even make me change the layout. :D

On a side note, I've managed to tether my iPhone to my iPad, and can now post with ease in the middle of nowhere! Technology always blows me away. :wideyed:

A big change of mind.

I've rearranged the hard scape, to something a little more 'dramatic'...i think anyway.

I've Added moss to show what i'm thinking plant wise( some cloned) The possibilities, and complexities are endless, and i'll use a few different species of low growing plants. with maybe anubias petite.

This is still 'early doors' so to speak, so it's not finalised. In real life, in a 120 x 55 x 55, it's quite in ya face! well over half of the tank at the back, is full!

proposal-1.jpg

Looking very nice but i cant help thinking it would look nicer without the wood?

JenCliBee said:
but i cant help thinking it would look nicer without the wood?

I do know what you mean, but i just want to break the mould slightly. That said, it's not even an original idea. Amano does it on many occasion's. :D

ghostsword said:
Very bold, the wood is striking, it breaks the barriers of what we have seen so far. I like it.

cheersLuis. it is at the front of the line so far.

Gary Nelson said:
Yes very nice indeed! I would be well chuffed if that was my setup

cheers Gary. :)

Grasses, moss, tenellus etc etc. Loads to choose from.

Here's a low down shot. It gives a great sense of depth. Especially with UWA

temp-2.jpg

Back