• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

113em Cigarrettes Sans Dormir

alexandre

Being out of the hobby for some time, it started to hitch me big time :D

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

Sorry for the poor pictures quality. Any critics and suggestions are more than welcome.
As you can see I have some thread algae, being a new set up I hope it will go soon.
PS: Thanks to TGM.

That looks like a nice little set up!

Have you got any tips on making the tank as I'm going to be making one of a similar size soon?

Cheers,

the tank looks great. it must be good to know you have actualy made, scaped, planted and maintained your own tank with such a good result.
and +1 for explaining the process of making your own tank (prehaps make a tutorial thread-it could end up as a sticky) and could you post some specs of the tank please? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That looks like a nice little set up!

Have you got any tips on making the tank as I'm going to be making one of a similar size soon?

Cheers,

Yes, take your time, clean the glass propely with some kind of ... (I use nail polish remover), mask the glass as any finger with a bit of silicone will leave traces and will have to be clean afterward. The glass have to be put together fairly quickly as the silicone dry on surface very quick. So polish the silicone joint once with your finger soaked in a solution of soapy water. After 24hr add an inch or so of water and cover your tank with cling film, as the humidity speeds up the curing of the silicone. Here is my old journal if it can be any help for you. http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=952

the tank looks great. it must be good to know you have actualy made, scaped, planted and maintained your own tank with such a good result.
and +1 for explaining the process of making your own tank (prehaps make a tutorial thread-it could end up as a sticky) and could you post some specs of the tank please?

Thanks, will do post the specs. For the stiky why not, if any one is interested I could do a little article and proposse it to the moderators.

im shure lots of people will be intrested in how you do it. being able to make you own rimless, braceless tank (looking at your link it looks around 200L) at such a large size is an amazing skill. like you say propose it to a mod and it could well become a sticky. :D

Welcome back :) great looking tank, always appreciate when people actually make their own tanks, would love to have the confidence to do that! Congrats, scape looks good also, we need more photos ;)

Thanks guys :D

Hey Alexandre, great to see you back! It's been a couple of years at least?!

Just about a year ;)

Will be back in the UK some time this year, and looking for to visit good shops. I remember myself during my day off on the M1 in my 1973 MGBT coming back from STM or Leicester Discus and thinking what BS I am going to say to the wife :lol:

Welcome back! I do remember you gluing another tank together on your balcony once :)

Thanks.

could you post some specs of the tank please?

40x27x30 cm.
Light: 3 arcpod 11w. 2 of them have a 6500K bulb and are on for 8hr a day. The third one have the original bulb and switch on for 2hr.
Filter: Hydor Prime 10 with Eheim medias and Purigen.
Substrate: Peat, Prodac Fondo Vivo and black gravel. Got some TPN+ capsules to had too.
Ferts: 5kg extinguisher, TPN+ and Profito. Started to dose Easy Carbo as I have an outbreak of Rhizoclonium.I hope it will nuke this algae, never had to deal with that type before.

Back