• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

110l optiwhite cave beach/stream

Thanks. They are a great clean up crew for algae and food but they sure do make a mess trying to sieve through it all. They kick my akadama off the rocks all the time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Few more pics of the progress. The hc is growing but pretty slow and maybe up a bit to much. I dont want to drop the light down or put it on for longer just yet as i dont want algae to start. So far ive had minimal diatoms on the rocks and glass but nothing to major. Managed to scrub it off.

My co2 is currently on 2 hours before lights and goes off 30 mins before they go off. Light period on for 6 hours.

Stock list:
7 amano shrimp
6 cherry barbs
5 forktail rainbow (lost one first night)
All doing very well. They love chasing each other in and out of the cavity behind the rocks.

My eriocaulon is growing but slow as to be expected. Still sends a shoot to flow every week or so. The hc has been added to for the second time. This time it seems to be taking alot better with the 15ml daily dose of ei. Ive added a few pictures of how it doing.
Enjoy and comments welcome
Iain
20170509_160811.jpg
20170508_222437.jpg
20170508_222006.jpg
20170508_222105.jpg

Ignore the random stone there lol

Quick update. My hc is still growing in and not fully covered yet. This is partly due to amano shrimp and cherry barbs digging it up half the time. Ive brought some anubias nana pangolino to grow along the insides of the rock. I recieved this today and im yet to put them in yet. When i was looking for a position to put them in i see all my shrimp on the rocks so decided id try find them all as i usually do and spotted this one. These were taking on my phone camera as usual. I may get out the slr at some point and try for a better picture. So the easy bit is done i will try to hatch these things now lol
42448253422403106a9a982b80502a4c.jpg
3a776c854efee16800f4f422997ff203.jpg
053f23a4a2c1df2892992474cf02bcb0.jpg

Now planted in the anubias nana pangolino onto the rocks. Im going off the idea of having just a hc carpet as it just looks to empty. So im going to try adding a few miniature plants around. Nothing that will hide the scape but enough for some veriety in the tank. Any suggestions on some plants would be much apprieciated

Update. Hc on the right side has almost grown in now. The left side however seems to be the amano shrimps favorite digging ground and i have lost most. Im hoping with time the large remaining patches will spread.

Ive been battling terrible diatoms. Daily glass and rock scrub. Also sturring up the bottom a bit. Hopefully it will pass soon.

I have 1 shrimp carrying eggs that i will try experimenting with to get larvae. Ambitious but got to be worth a try.

Last night while looking through the glass counting up shrimp i spotted this. I had nooo idea. Looks like the barbs have been enjoying there stay aswel.

Will keep posted on progress.
Cheers
Iain
45ccdde90ad94a18e6a16f11381494c5.jpg

Ive now added sone new fish. 4 galaxy rasbora and 3 ottos. Amazing how quick those ottos cleaned up the bits i couldnt reach. Now if they would just attach to the rocks ill be sorted.

List of fish and specs so far.

4 galaxy rasbora
4 forktail rainbow
6 cherry barb + 1 fry
3 ottos
7 shrimp - 2 carrying eggs

PLANTS LIST.

Hemianthus callitrichoides

Anubias nana pangolino

Eriocaulon

I hope to end with around 10 forktails and 10 galaxy rasbora.

Lights on 100% 2 tmc 1000nd tiles. 10cm from water surface and 20cm-40cm from substrate. Still only on for 6 hours daily.

Using a 1000ef with uv all pond solutions filter.

eihm circulation pump running inside. The runs constantly unless feeding/cleaning

Im dosing ei at recomended mix and only 10ml macro/micro

Co2 from fe 4bps coming on 2 hours before lights and off 2 hours before lights out.

The diatoms seem to be dieng back now which is good. Everything in there seems to be happy and getting along fine. My hc on the right hand side is growing very nicely. Still a bit slow on the right with srimp digging. I can see a lot of hc leaf tops popping through though so it will likely fill in soon. Need to top up river jbl substrate soon and im hoping this wont kick off the diatoms again.

Back