• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1 week old tank, algea and other

Hi Dawid
dawidmNS said:
I was thinking if I could add 1 more bulb 36w?
I wouldn't add any extra light at this stage. I would let the tank settle down with the lighting level you have, for at least a few weeks.
dawidmNS said:
I want to increase plant growth especially glosso which seems as the only plant that is not doing so well.
You need to get this growing well before you increase the light, whilst it does well in high light situations, your CO2 delivery at the bottom of the tank is more important. I suspect your CO2 at the bottom of the tank is not quite up to scratch. You need to sort this before adding any more light.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

CO2 circulation seems doing good, Im using atomiers, and 2 spray bars are places whole lenght on the back side. Blyxa and hair grass are doing ok. But I will wait longer, as 1 week after blacout is not long, especially if my blyxa was really badly affected by cyhano.

I just attach 2 photo so you can see the tank progress. Not looking fantastic, but Im learning everything from beginning :) Today I made larger water change that usually about 70% as I will be away for 9 days. Also I added 3 driftwoods, and remove some stones. On driftwoods I placed anubia, java fern, java narrow fern. Probably tomorrow I will recieve some moss. Also I splitted blyxa into smaller pieces as some of them were quite nice size and dividing into 2. Carpet still growing slowly, but hair grass looking better and better, maybe I will by more of it and plant it to make it faster.

Day 1:

6 weeks later, tank only 1 weak without algea:

Regards
Dawid

Back