• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1 BPS max - faulty regulator?

gex23

Another 'help' thread.

I have a CO2art sodastream system with dual stage regulator, recently fit a new sodastream regulator and despite having the needle valve fully open, I can only get a maximum of 1 bubble per second?

I've leak tested, can't find any leaks, the bottle pressure is 6 MPA with a working pressure of 0.3 MPA so seems to be about right?

Any help would be much appreciated before it ends up in the bin.

Cheers

Anthony

If you're injecting via a diffuser, make sure the pores aren't blocked. Give it a good soak in bleach or H2O2. They do block over time. Can severely restrict flow. HTH

If you're injecting via a diffuser, make sure the pores aren't blocked. Give it a good soak in bleach or H2O2. They do block over time. Can severely restrict flow. HTH

Boom, you nailed it and solved the problem for me - many many thanks!

Sometimes it can be a faulty bubble counter, especially if it has a built in check valve.

Cheers Tim, that was going to be my next port of call but a good soak of the diffuser helped loads and now getting plenty of CO2 in the tank :)

My next post will be asking for advice as to how to reboot my tank after a major downturn.

Thanks again guys :)

Back