• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1-2-GROW storage in tropical environment

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi plants lovers,

hope you are all doing well ?
In prevision of my next scape I have order last week some 1-2 GROW pots, that I have receive this morning !!! You can imagine that if I post that, there will be a BUT in the story haha.
Buuut I have a small problem, first I will not rescape the tank before at the time I wanted to !! First because my wood is not ready yet, it is still soaking and I will take it out on Tuesday only.
Secondly I don't know if I will rescape at all before at least 2,5 months, because the owner of our home have increase the rent of 45% sh********t. So we don't know if we will stay in that place. If not, we have to move for April. But we have not take the decision yet.

So I wanted to know if I have to rescape in a week or so, How should I store these 1-2 grow pots ? Knowing that I live in a tropical place with 30C° and 90% humidity ? will they melt if I leave the pots at the window for more than a week ?

For the second case (scaping in end of april), as some of you know a friend of mine have a pond where we store our plants and where we have good results in emerge growing.
I wanted to know which of these plants will grow well in emerge form and which is not advice to do so ?

1-2 Grow :

-Alternanthera Reineckii mini
-Micranthemum Monte Carlo
-Ammania sp Bonsaï

normal :

Hyrdocotyle sp Japan
Limnophila Hippuroides

Will I grow these plants without problem in emerge form ? I know that 1-2 Grow are grown like emerge plants, but I have heard that the way they grow in their close pot, with high humidity and the gel, they grow almost like submerge form. Is it true ??? If so, will this not affect for transition to growing emerge ?
I really hope not changing home now !!! And I love my current house

Thanks guys

Zanguli

If you open the cups, they're no longer sterile. Exposed to fungal attacks etc.
You would need to store the cups relatively cold, to slow down life-processes as much as you can. If possible with a relatively low light too.
- have you considered planting them into a small tank, that can be moved, if this becomes necessary ?? For the several months waiting, you are talking about, this would make the safest keeping of plants......
Mick.

Hi guys thanks for your answers ! We took the decision to stay in this home for a year. So scaping will be done next week. :D
I have put the pots on my veranda, pots are still close.

Should I put them in the fridge ?

Cheets

If storage is only for a week - then put'em in tne fridge ( supposing you have the standard 5 degree celcius on fridge !!)
- and congats on staying in the house ;)
Mick

P.s - when you get to use the cups, it'll be a good idea, to take them out of fridge hours before, to slowly raise temp. Popping plants directly from 5 degrees into maybe 25/30 degrees might affect leaves negative. The acclimatising will never hurt, at least, but might prevent damages !!
Mick.

Back