• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

065L - Forest of Infinity - Mateusz Salawa

salava8

Hi, below I present my latest arrangement. :)

dzień 21.jpeg

The project is based on the popular Red Moor Wood. :cool: In the video on my YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/MateuszSalawaAquascaping) :pompus: you can see how I build hardscape, element by element. I have to admit that it was a very labor-intensive process. After gluing the roots on a dry plastic base, the roots were soaked in an aquarium with filtration running.

I attached the plants to the previously prepared hardscape using cyanoacrylate glue. I placed ceramics and lava under the soil. Such a procedure will allow me to save on the soil, and also have a positive effect on bacterial growth. After laying the next layers of soil, I started planting from the lowest plants (Hemianthus callitrichoides cuba and Micranthemum Monte Carlo). Lawn plants, like mosses and epitifs, were mostly fixed by glue. :headphone:

Now the aquarium has about 90 days. The start went without any problems. It's good to go back to T5, nothing happens, it grows by itself :happy:. After some time, of course, BBA appeared on the roots. I remove algae every week during maintenance and so far it's good. :)

The tank has not yet reached the final picture. I'm working on it. The attached photos show the development of vegetation (days 4, 9, 17, 21). Pictures taken "working", by phone or SLR. :snaphappy:

dzień 4.jpeg

dzień 9.jpeg

dzień 17.jpeg

Volume: 60 x 30 x 36h = 65L
Lighting: T5, 14W + 24W, 1200 + 1600lm, (43 lm / L, 0.58 W / L) 6500K - 9 h (12: 00-21: 00)
Fertilization: AquaForest line (Makro, Mikro, Carbo)
CO2: bottle + ceramic diffuser (24h)
Substrate: ADA Amazonia, Advanced Soil Plant, fine lava, sand
Water: 100% RO + mineralizer (v4 orange)
Substitutions: About 40-50% once a week
Filtration: Eheim 2215 + Eheim 2213
(Refills: Eheim mech, Eheim Substrat Pro, Seachem Matrix, Seachem Purigen, Seachem Matrix Carbon, Sponges)
Flora: Hemianthus callitrichoides, Micranthemum monte carlo, Bacopa caroliniana, Eleocharis vivipara, Eleocharis parvula, Lindernia rotundifolia, Micranthemum umbrosum, Hemianthus micranthemoides, Peacock moss, Bucephalandra wave green, Anubias barteri nana
Fauna: Hyphessobrycon amandae), Red cherry shrimps

Of course, you can see the fastest updates on my aquarium Instagram :bookworm:;)
http://www.instagram.com/mateusz.salawa.aquascaping

Last edited:
Below attached some details from the tank from a later stage ;).

3a.jpeg

4a.JPG

5.jpg

6ab.JPG

At the end of the tank, I stopped cutting plants to have a lot of material for the new arrangement :)
1a.jpeg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Very professional looking scape very very nice use of redmoor root

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Wow that's grown in so well! Really liked the concept of the scape, not often do you see the scale go from large to small -Great perspective! :thumbup:

Wow that's grown in so well! Really liked the concept of the scape, not often do you see the scale go from large to small -Great perspective! :thumbup:
Very professional looking scape very very nice use of redmoor root

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thank you for comments :)

In EAPLC 2019 - place 82 out of 112 possible (medium category). There is nothing to hide The tank got out of control, it went wild. The photo only gave this state. :) I could send a photo from day 14. :cool:

Salawa_Forest of infinity.jpg

Enjoy watching! :)

Back