• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

‘Lazarus’...80x40x40, back on track!

Thanks for the updates, it's starting to look even better. I'm impressed at how you are able to let it grow in and yet let so much hardscape peek through so the details are still there, which gives much depth, something i'm never able to achieve :D

Looking nice! Makes me doubt getting those neons again, I used to have a large group of which 8 years later I still have 4, as you say lovely schoolers. Good thing you held on :)

Hi there!

small updates! First final shot is done , now it’s time to experiment a bit on ferts and trimming. I finally got rid of staghorn by cutting the micros (I think my tap water is having too much micros, especially Mg). I‘ll try to make another shot just before the iaplc deadline :)

Livestock is happy and so am I, the nemathobrycon palmeri are little beast (see pic), I have spotted some courtship behavior but no fry yet.

Finally got some news from Aquael, they told me that my rotor was broken and they are sending me a new one this week...we’ll see how it goes, I’m very happy with the eheim pro 4 for now.

have a nice day, cheers
210426084438450773.jpg

2104260844387002.jpg

210426085739216019.jpg

210426084440460949.jpg

Tank is looking on point as are your photos, you are right to be happy :)

Hi there,
The tank is algae infested again, dunno exactly why, probably lack of flow and co2 because of soil getting older and dirt ...trying to fix it with leaner N and P, more K and more co2.

livestock is doing very well and that’s my main concern so I’m ok with the algae for now , I’ve taken the iaplc shot before it went too bad.

210521054956635588.jpg

Cheers
Thierry

Hey there,

Still running! Actually trying a new light unit which is basically an copy from the Ada solar rgb but with an bt app just like the Chihiros vivid 2, very impressed atm considering it cost 250€…and it’s 7000lumens at full blast. :)

I’m having some thread algae issues since 5 weeks because the soil is getting old and very dirty and this kind of scape is hard to keep clean during time, I don’t really care, I remove the most of them during waterchange with toothbrush and concentrate on plant health. :)

Some sneak peak, one during waterchange with aqi skylight led and the other one from buces under the new WeekAqua A series;

210621100833774559.jpg

210621100835523441.jpg

Hey there,

Still running! Actually trying a new light unit which is basically an copy from the Ada solar rgb but with an bt app just like the Chihiros vivid 2, very impressed atm considering it cost 250€…and it’s 7000lumens at full blast. :)

I’m having some thread algae issues since 5 weeks because the soil is getting old and very dirty and this kind of scape is hard to keep clean during time, I don’t really care, I remove the most of them during waterchange with toothbrush and concentrate on plant health. :)

Some sneak peak, one during waterchange with aqi skylight led and the other one from buces under the new WeekAqua A series;
What is your main reason for switching lights? :)

Great images @CooKieS - what camera and lens combo did you go for?

Thanks mate, I went with an classic choice, an second hand lumix gx80 with an 25mm f1.7 panasonic lens...I'll probably add some wide angle lens later. ;)
Already had 2 of these and they are great allrounders, compact, and good for video too.

What is your main reason for switching lights? :)

Hey there; I wasn't especially happy with the spectrum of the Skylight Hyperspot, too warm for my taste...absolutely loving the design of the unit but I prefer the spectrum of the Skylight Aqi Intense for exemple.

I switched from Aqi Intense to week aqua in order to get more intense red coloration on plants now that the tank is mature. ;)

Stunning pictures do you know how well it did in the iaplc yet ? Love the pictures especially the otto one.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back