• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Anyone else not able to quote?

Bradders

Hello,

Looks like the site has been updated and the quote functionality is not working.

Is it just me?

Brad

Hello,

Looks like the site has been updated and the quote functionality is not working.

Is it just me?

Brad

Looks like it's working on my android browser. There are lots of little visual changes that have happened that don't seem entirely intentional however. The UKAPS banner at the top is not centered and seems stretched for instance. Do we have functioning admin to handle these kinds of changes?

Looks like it's working on my android browser. There are lots of little visual changes that have happened that don't seem entirely intentional however. The UKAPS banner at the top is not centered and seems stretched for instance. Do we have functioning admin to handle these kinds of changes?
It just come back!!

No its not! Seems like I can only quote on my thread. How weird.

Also, in the filters section you used to be able to auto refresh every 30 to 300 seconds. I seem to have lost that as well.

Someone with not so much experience in administring the forum has been meddling with the backend, OR, since there is no known admin, well things are crumbling due to no one being in charge of the technical side of things. Moderators are normally not able to make these changes as it normally requires admin privileges to access the backend. I am pretty certain an account has these priviliges but is not publicly known/shown as the admin of the forum in the staf directory.

Last edited:
Someone with not so much experience in administring the forum has been meddling with the backend, OR, since there is no known admin, well things are crumbling due to no one being in charge of the technical side of things. Moderators are normally not able to make these changes as it normally requires admin privileges to access the backend. I am pretty certain an account has these priviliges but is not publicly known/shown as the admin of the forum in the staf directory.

Hello folks.

It’s working @Hanuman as you’ve quoted above, as have I in this post.

Urgent security patch was performed yesterday which reset the forum format to default. That’s an affect of the security patch from Xenforo’s end, not ours. Add on’s and forum format are being returned to desired as and when.

If anyone notices changes and you wish to know what is happening, there are notes added to the UKAPS announcement thread.

Last time I did a major upgrade of Xenforo, I had to revert the template back to default also, and took me about 40-60 hours of work to get the old templates back, doing a quick search, the creator of the templates we used here has gone out of business, therefore these are here to stay unless new ones are found and configured. Like I said to Tim before, I put in a lot of work on the customization (maybe way too much) and as forum updates are released might be best to revert back to default vanilla to make future management easier in the long run.

as forum updates are released might be best to revert back to default vanilla to make future management easier in the long run.
I think this is wise.

I would also like to mention that while Paulo, aka @LondonDragon , has stepped back from the Admin role, he continues to be the reason you are here...... once again he has given his own spare time and skills to deliver patches such as the one this weekend until we reorganise.
Your a legend Paulo, give the guy some love fellow ukaps'ers ♥️

It’s working @Hanuman as you’ve quoted above, as have I in this post.
Quotes is not the only thing.
Links are using a font color that is similar to the background hence we can't see them properly. Same goes when selecting text.
Screen Shot 2024-07-07 at 19.18.22.jpg

Last edited:
Back