• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Northern UKAPS meet this summer

Does the UKAPS community fancy a meet at Horizon Aquatics this summer?

• Yes, you know it! 🙌🏼

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Hell yeah, I’m the kind of person that loves giving a maybe 👍🏽

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, because like… No

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I would love to come but may need a lift from another member in my area

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Geoffrey Rea

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hello folks 👋🏼

Attempting to gauge interest in a UKAPS community meet in the North this summer.

Suggesting a meet at Horizon Aquatics. If you wish to know the location the address is below:

Leaside
Newton Aycliffe
DL5 6HX
England

The store is a credit to the UK aquatic plant scene and we would like to approach James and Nicole of @Horizon Aquatics to potentially host you good folks.

For those unfamiliar with our sponsors store here is a few photo’s of what you can expect:

1709407520142.jpeg

1709407564857.jpeg

1709407595052.jpeg

1709407622400.jpeg

1709407640227.jpeg

1709407662225.jpeg

1709407701712.jpeg

1709407736458.jpeg

Will avoid a picture of the gallery as it would spoil the surprise.

Anyway… Your vote really does count as this will involve mobilising the UKAPS team and approaching Horizon to see if we can all get together up north.

Please let us know if this is something the UKAPS community fancies in the calendar this summer.

Yes! Been there twice now, James and Nicole are lovely and be nice to meet you lot :)
Not many have said it has been nice to meet me. But I greatly appreciate your positivity.
(If you could just email me your Bank details before we meet, that would be great). ;)

Thank you to those who have voted so far folks 🙏🏽

It’s always good to get numbers earlier rather than later so we know how many to expect to be catering to on the day.

For those who voted that they may need a lift from another member, it may be worth mentioning the area where you live. Pretty sure a few of us will be doing this and splitting the transport cost.

That’s amazing @john6 🙌🏼

Hopefully we can organise a date that works for everyone, it would also be nice to give everyone plenty of warning.

The team is working on dates with Horizon currently so we won’t keep you waiting much longer.

Hi @Geoffrey Rea.

Any news on when this may happen?

@Geoffrey Rea
As above, Any news on a date? I can't get to Aquarium Gardens on that date so hoping can get to this one.
Just to let people know, If I can get to this one I will have space for 2 people going from Scunthorpe or on the way up.

We are currently nailing down a weekend in June for this event. Moving as fast as possible on this, but it involves multiple parties to agree.

Will announce the details as soon as we can
@simon_the_plant_nerd and
@john6 .

Back