• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First ever tank - nano/ walstad/ low tech

kal_xyz

Hey everyone, thought I'd share my first ever set up. It's roughly 6 weeks in at this point. Letting everything grow in, so it's looking a bit wild right now.

30x30x30 tank
Soil/ dirt + gravel cap
budget light

Waiting for the moss to grow and then moving it somewhere else to make it look a bit more natural. I'd say the vallisneria isn't doing amazingly well but it arrived in that state..

Next steps: Adding ramshorn snails and blue velvet shrimp (delayed delivery). Also planning of adding daphnia pulex, crangonyx pseudogracilis, and blackworms after some recommendations I saw on here and figuring out where best to source them.

Any questions, feedback, tips or potential risks you see?

Cheers

IMG_2240.jpg

Absolutely. The spiralis variety is smaller, but they get tangled. Is that eleocharis? Never could get those to grow...

Looks good! My Vallis melted quite a lot for the first 3-4 weeks, but has now recovered really well and has plenty of runners and new growth.

Back