• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need help to find this fish

Ibz10

I feel like I have exhausted all options and have looked everywhere. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get Gold Spotted Dwarf Pleco (Parotocinclus Spilosoma). Im located in West London.

Some suggestions;

Pier aquatics get them in every now and then
Wildwoods may order them in
Kew aquatics on Band has them in a list every now and then (I think)

Some suggestions;

Pier aquatics get them in every now and then
Wildwoods may order them in
Kew aquatics on Band has them in a list every now and then (I think)
Thank you, will try them and see if I have any luck. All of my LFS dont seem to know what they are.

Thanks all still havent had any luck so far, fish seem hard to come by, hopefully one of the above shops will be able to get some. Any ideas whether its lack of interest or if the spilosoma are hard to comeby for the reason no one seems to have or be able to get them?

Thanks all still havent had any luck so far, fish seem hard to come by, hopefully one of the above shops will be able to get some. Any ideas whether its lack of interest or if the spilosoma are hard to comeby for the reason no one seems to have or be able to get them?
Try Pier Aquatics in Wigan first, I think they are you best bet.

Try Pier Aquatics in Wigan first, I think they are you best bet.
@REDSTEVEO Yeah I tried them, unfortunately no luck. They havent had any in for a long time and said they probably wont be getting any in. I think its down to multifactors including being hard to catch/lack of interest or knowledge about them. Defo will keep looking for now specifically for P. Spilosoma or P. Haroldi. My LFS has Pitbull Pleco (Parotocinclus Jumbo) which may tempt me incase I cant find any other Parotocinclus.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your suggestions. The universe worked its magic and my local maidenhead aquatics had a few Parotocinclus Spilosoma in by chance although no one knew what they were and I just happened to catch a glimpse. Will be picking them up today :)

Crikey, that is a stroke of good luck, not to mention a freaky coincidence. Maybe the universe is benevolent after all and there is something to this manifestation business.

Honestly could not believe my eyes such a freaky coincidence. Especially after being told by numerous shops I would be super lucky to find any at all. They only had 4 and none of them were up for sale.

Back