• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Whats wrong with my co2 setup

OsirisII

Good day.
I am injecting Co2 via CO2Art inline diffuser. I don't know if this is normal or not but I have to inject a lot of co2 to get a miserable PH drop of 0.4 points. The tank looks like a bottle of soda.
Aqua is 60x45x45
amazonia ver2 soil
hardscape seriu stones and some wood
tank is running around 2 months mark

Thank you for help

Hi
Welcome to the UKaps!
How long is the Co2 running before lights come on?
If your Drop Checker is Green I would be happy with that, as you have inhabitants going for that 1 point drop could stress the fish.
hoggie

Thank you for reply.
the co2 is running 3hrs before lights come on. I don't exactly need 1 point of Ph drop but something doesn't add up. Doesn't the bubble count seems excessive for this 110l aqua? I mean this is VERY far away from recommended few bubbles per second.

Thank you for reply.
the co2 is running 3hrs before lights come on. I don't exactly need 1 point of Ph drop but something doesn't add up. Doesn't the bubble count seems excessive for this 110l aqua? I mean this is VERY far away from recommended few bubbles per second.
What about the bubble count?

Nah the set is brand new.
If I decrease the bubble count goes down and ph goes up. I tried to do 2-3 bubbles per second but that had 0 effect on PH

Yes sir. I had aquamedic reactor there but it was choking flow enormously, so I bought this inline. Its definitely working as I can't see plants from the mist of Co2.
Maybe worth mentioning that I run 24/7 Eheim 350 skimmer too.

Thats all of connections…

Attachments

• 61104E70-3A7E-4319-B0A4-5DE214904202.jpeg
    61104E70-3A7E-4319-B0A4-5DE214904202.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • B6A9A9EF-15A8-45D9-B3F6-63F5EF93A0AA.jpeg
    B6A9A9EF-15A8-45D9-B3F6-63F5EF93A0AA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • F0E26AA2-192B-4873-B481-E60B815E5D8C.jpeg
    F0E26AA2-192B-4873-B481-E60B815E5D8C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 241
have you calibrated your pH meter with 4.0 / 7.0 reference solutions? edit - saw your ph meter in the video - looks like a generic China model.

Last edited:
a loong time ago. but the values are 0.1-0.2 points off need to some solution but that doesn't solve the bubble count problem. I am mainly concerned about that, no idea if its normal but to me seems excessive

@OsirisII Please show us a full picture of your tank. We need to see how CO2 is flowing.
Thats all of connections…
I noticed all connections are missing the cap that secures the tubing to both the bubble counter and diffuser. You could have some leaks going on there

Also hopufully you did not measure the PH after leaving that cup on the light for some time. The heat of the light will quickly outgas the CO2 from the water and increase PH.

Last edited:
I noticed all connections are missing the cap that secures the tubing to both the bubble counter and diffuser. You could have some leaks going on there

Yup, all the locking screws / locking caps that secure the tubing seem to be missing.

@OsirisII Please show us a full picture of your tank. We need to see how CO2 is flowing.

Also hopufully you did not measure the PH after leaving that cup on the light for some time. The heat of the light will quickly outgas the CO2 from the water and increase PH.

Caps down for foto.
I know heat=less CO2 that beaker was there just for shot.
Measured deggased Co2 (sample taken midnight, measured just now) and its 7.5 Ph
Measured sample now when light out 7.0 PH.
Kh is 5.
Working pressure 50 Psi.
Aqua looks like its snowing inside (mist of co2)
dropcheker green-ish (liquid changed Tuesday) confirms Ph around 7
Just for a complete picture, I change water every Saturday with RO (10ppm TDS) and reminalize with Seachem Equlibrium

Last edited:
Back