• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please! Aquatic society support for a 2-day event in the UK 10/11th May 2023

Matt_S

I have been given a complimentary 3mx3m stand at an event at the Coventry Building Society Arena on 10th & 11th May 2023. The event is actually for Global Research & Innovation in Plastics Recycling (GRIPS 2023).
You might wonder what on earth this has to do with UKAPS, but there is a connection;
For the past 4 years I have been working on a prototype photobioreactor to cultivate microalgae and microalgae (seaweed). The idea is to reduce the cost of seeding twine to grow kelp and other ocean & freshwater species. To be honest, I didn't expect to be awarded a stand for the event and I'm struggling to make full use of it with the limited posters & prototype design. What is needs is the WOW factor of a spectacular aquarium. So, are there any enthusiasts out there that can help please? It could be a good opportunity to promote UKAPS.
Please let me know if you are interested and I can send more information. Thank you.

Hello Courtney, thanks for your interest in the event. I may have jumped the gun on this post, since I've only just joined and I should have checked with the moderators before posting. However, I think they are in support of the event and may rally around making it a success. I've started reading your salty fingers journal and figuring out how the platform works. Lots of new jargon to me and I'm having fun learning about reefers and what can be created. It's an amazing hobby and I'm super impressed. I think I should have started 10 years ago and got familiar with seascapes before venturing to photobioreactors. However, PBRs appear to be a different game and I'm not familiar with them too! So much to learn.

What I have figured out is that it is a very slow process to create a biome and it can't be disturbed or transported easily. I thought it would be nice to have a macroalgae tank at the event but it's a lot of effort for 2 days. I might have to resort to a large screen on the back wall with a looped video of some of the best stuff from UKAPS. I'll create a journal (once I've figured out how to do that and got the go ahead).
Best regards, Matthew.

Back