• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Grow out tank

Gorillastomp

What's the best way to setup a grow out tank. I ordered a bunch of plants so i can grow my collection.

What is the bare minimum to keep them alive ?

Best to keep them emmersed or immersed ?

If immersed, do i need to inject co2

I can add the list of what i have ordered if this can help. They are all invitro but i plan to keep any type eventually.

Invitro in my opinion grow on much better emeresed.
Emersed...no algae, no water changes, 415 ppm Co2 or there abouts and rising, and consequently rapid growth. What's not to like?

So what are the basics ?

Potting dirt or hydroponic solution ?

High humidity or 35 - 45 % is fine ?

I will assume basic light will work ?

You will get near 100% humidity with a closed top or even a 2 or 3cm gap to let air circulate, potting compost something with low nutrients ie for seedlings, lighting low strength led will do, a desk top type lamp scenerio will do.

Received the plants today! I have one last question what is the ideal temperature ? I plan to set that all up in my basement where it's between 19-20C, is this high enough ? I would assume that with almost an air tight area that heat from the light will ramp up the temperature a bit.

Back