• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Electricity energy costs

Hi all,
Got one, not sure it makes a lot of difference, but definitely addictive, when ours gets to £1.89 for the day we have to turn everything we can and go to bed. I'm working on that being about dusk in the winter.

cheers Darrel

I don’t think that would get me to lunchtime so I guess I can bank on getting allllllot of sleep this winter! 😂
Unfortunately things have gone downhill since then, and now £1.89 doesn't get much past mid-morning.

Cheers Darrel

Unfortunately things have gone downhill since then, and now £1.89 doesn't get much past mid-morning.
How much do you pay per kWh in the UK (on average)... here in Minnesota its 16 cents (13/p GBP) , which is slightly below the national average.

Cheers,
Michael

Currently it’s 34p (42 cents)!

Phew! Time to install electricity generating treadmills for those shrimps!
_PqQbk.gif

Cheers,
Michael

Yep! The world has changed since it got chilly. Mine’s £420pm and what’s worse is that’s not going to be enough through the winter quarter. I’m estimating anything from £1,500 - £1,700 to cover Dec, Jan, Feb.

So far, in that recent very cold snap (cold for the UK anyhow) my worst day was just over £23 😫

(Albeit my old folks live with me so heating gets a lot of use)

The energy giants must be having a laugh. As Jim Bowen said " what ever happens lads your bully's are safe", Bully's -bank accounts, Forcing people who are genuinely struggling to go on more expensive pay as you go meters, this after the government promised no one would be cut off or forced into poverty. Surely a large portion of their huge profits could offset the cost. A friend as sent a letter to the CEO. of EON . Why does it say your investing in renewable energy,when your saying all our energy comes from 100% renewable energy?

The energy giants must be having a laugh. As Jim Bowen said " what ever happens lads your bully's are safe", Bully's -bank accounts, Forcing people who are genuinely struggling to go on more expensive pay as you go meters, this after the government promised no one would be cut off or forced into poverty. Surely a large portion of their huge profits could offset the cost. A friend as sent a letter to the CEO. of EON . Why does it say your investing in renewable energy,when your saying all our energy comes from 100% renewable energy?
I'm just waiting for them to release their profits 📈 then the proverbial will hit the fan. There's no way they aren't profiteering.

So Shell have made record profits of £32 +billion ,meanwhile vunerable British Gas customers have had baliffs breaking in their homes and changing meters forcing(expensive) prepayment meters on them RememberJuly government saying no one will be cut off because they struggle with energy costs

So Shell have made record profits of £32 +billion ,meanwhile vunerable British Gas customers have had baliffs breaking in their homes and changing meters forcing(expensive) prepayment meters on them RememberJuly government saying no one will be cut off because they struggle with energy costs
What a surprise, no one saw that coming ;) this is total BS as most of Europe the prices are not as inflated as they are in the UK, this is a joke of a country to be honest!

Virgin Media have just increased their Broadband/TV/Landline Services by £15.00 per month!
They are also gonna change the Terms/Conditions....now a yearly increase next April 2024.

# The amount the monthly price will increase will be RPI rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%.
This increase will apply to the monthly subscription price you're paying at the time and also (if applicable) to the monthly price payable after subsequent expiry of any applicable offer or discount.
Needless to say I'm gonna ditch them....been with Telewest/ntl/Virgin for about 30 years....what price loyalty? :mad:

Telewest/ntl/Virgin for about 30 years....what price loyalty?
Yeah, give us the money and shut it! I just have Freeview! Don't watch live TV anyway, unless its a sporting event, but I have other means for that ;) !

I can't put into words just how angry I am with all this and not get banned. I guess this is Capitalism at it's worst.
We won't ban you for having a valid reason! ;)

Virgin Media have just increased their Broadband/TV/Landline Services by £15.00 per month!
They are also gonna change the Terms/Conditions....now a yearly increase next April 2024.

# The amount the monthly price will increase will be RPI rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%.
This increase will apply to the monthly subscription price you're paying at the time and also (if applicable) to the monthly price payable after subsequent expiry of any applicable offer or discount.
Needless to say I'm gonna ditch them....been with Telewest/ntl/Virgin for about 30 years....what price loyalty? :mad:
Have you told them your leaving Hoggie. I have for the last two years ,you get put through to somebody who thinks he's your best friend. For the last two years they froze the price for 12 months.

I can't put into words just how angry I am with all this and not get banned. I guess this is Capitalism at it's worst.
It's a epidemic Financial institutions too. All rights are being eroded away. The FCA is too secretive and the FOS favour banks over consumers, It's to be expected remember 2010 'we are all in this together" . Google the money Cameron and Osbourne have made since and Nick Clegg he's making a packet as the face of Facebook, so much for dedication to your country

Back