• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clean up crew

Mattant1984

Hi guys, I wanted some help in regards to a clean up crew for my 700 litre planted tank.

I currently have about 8 otocinclus, 1 large siames algae eater, 2 small bristlenose.

I'm interested in other options however they don't have to be fish.

Don't think I could have shrimp due to having 12 angelfish.

Thanks in advance

I would try/risk cherry, Malawa or Pearl/snowball shrimp on account that if you can get a good colony going they breed so vigorously that you ought to be able to have some always.

Mileage varies though, I’ve spoken with fish keepers who have shrimps with angels and they are always in surfeit and those where they can never get a colony stable because of predation.

Big ol 5cm amanos would be fine.

I would try/risk cherry, Malawa or Pearl/snowball shrimp on account that if you can get a good colony going they breed so vigorously that you ought to be able to have some always.

Mileage varies though, I’ve spoken with fish keepers who have shrimps with angels and they are always in surfeit and those where they can never get a colony stable because of predation.

Big ol 5cm amanos would be fine.
Sounds like a bit hit or miss with the cherry's then, my angels aren't that big yet so maybe the amano route might work OK.

Back