• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problem with ciano cabinet

creg

I've purchased and assembled this cheap ciano 60 cabinet but didn't realise these bolts would be sticking out where the aquarium goes? Is this safe to lay a glass aquarium directly on top of these metal bolts? Are ciano aquariums raised off the base to avoid them?
IMG_20220612_131620.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220612_132017.jpg
    IMG_20220612_132017.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 111
You could try two things Counter-sink the holes and try drive the screws down further or purchase a cheap 10mm thick Yoga Mat and cut it to fit on top!

You could try two things Counter-sink the holes and try drive the screws down further or purchase a cheap 10mm thick Yoga Mat and cut it to fit on top!
Cheers 👍

I've found this piece of wood that fits exactly, what if I drill holes into it where the bolts are?
IMG_20220612_134834.jpg

I had a thread on this recently! I took the advice and countersunk the screws, just use a drill bit to wear away the holes, makes it easier!

Thanks guys. What a stupid design, I guess it's to prevent people using their stands with other brand aquariums.

Back