• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planted Tank Checklist

MrMarlow

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to check if I have missed anything that I shall need for a planted tank. I've been collecting/buying stuff over the last couple of weeks, but just wanted to be sure I don't set this up tomorrow / Tuesday without overlooking anything.

So far, I have the following:

• Fluval Shaker 252 (comes with Fluval 307)
  • Aquael 300w Inline heater
  • co2 regulator with solenoid and inline diffuser
  • Gravel to build up back of the tank
  • Flora Base Pro substrate.
  • Superfish slim LED
  • Hardscape (Rocks & various wood)

I also have some new hose and some inline stop taps, since the Fluval has the filter pipes through the bottom of the tank; which is brilliant if you only want to run the filter since they can turn off water flow, but since I'm adding inline co2 and filter, I need to be able to but off just below the base of the tank, in case I need to service any parts.

Can anybody spot anything obvious that I may be missing?

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking I may need a wavemaker? On the subject of oxygen, does anybody have experience of running the air pump through an inline co2 diffuser?

My thinking is, that it would inject small consistent bubbles of oxygen into the tank, however, I am concerned about the noise of the air through the hose going back into the tank.

Can anybody spot anything obvious that I may be missing?
Using Flora Base Pro I would be prepared to dose higher quantities of ferts from the get go as I'm pretty sure it does not contain any macros and will quickly suck up any/all of these nutrients.
does anybody have experience of running the air pump through an inline co2 diffuser?
I wouldn't imagine that a standard aquarium pump has enough power to force air through a co2 diffuser which usually require 2 to 3 Bar of pressure to operate although I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.
I found the Twinstar steriliser good for producing high levels of oxygen for the first couple of months after start up.
Cheers!

Got all the non obvious stuff e.g. buckets, syphon tubing etc. tweezers for planting are handy although not a requirement. Bit of superglue for hardscape/epiphites.

Got all the non obvious stuff e.g. buckets, syphon tubing etc. tweezers for planting are handy although not a requirement. Bit of superglue for hardscape/epiphites.

Oh yes, I have buckets, a syphon tube for water changes, plus the Fluval ProVac for cleaning. I also have

Superglue, I have 2 - one thinner one for moss etc, and a thicker one for rocks to wood, etc.

1653919665202.png

Tweezers and scissors I don't have, which I probably should have. First 2 items to my list. Thank you.

A timer for lights and CO2.

I have the following controller for lights; however, I will pick up a decent timer (digital) for the Co2 - 3rd item to my list.

1653919813317.png

Back