• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BioMaster Pre-Filter

Barry Hannah

I seem to get a lot of water coming out of my BioMaster when I remove and then replace the pre-filter.

Is this normal as the many videos I see online I don't ever see it happening, unless I'm doing something wrong??

Attached a small vide here to see what I mean

Thanks

You need to replace the filter more slowly than that, then you will avoid the water spilling over.
I did slightly exaggerate when putting it back in but even putting it in as slowly as possible water comes out.

Same for opening it, quite a bit comes out.

Could it be that the videos you watched were payed for by Oase? Either as a channel sponsorship or by offering them the filter for free?

I had experienced the same flawed design both when opening and closing the pre-filter (that's in the filter???). Not to mention the annoying drips when you pull the pre-filter out. The issue has been reported by others including here .

Since we are on the topic of pre-filter, how come less dense sponges (10ppi) are placed after a very fine pre-filter (30ppi?)? How exactly do the product designers imagine mechanical filtration works? Feels like common sense was taken out for $$$ savings and marketing.

think you also need to slowly remove the part from the in/outlet. So the vacuum can be broken and the waterlevel in the filter can settle so it wont spil out.
At least that's what i did when i had one (the 850). No water on the floor apart from some drips of the in/outlet when taking out.

I seem to get a lot of water coming out of my BioMaster when I remove and then replace the pre-filter.

Is this normal as the many videos I see online I don't ever see it happening, unless I'm doing something wrong??

Attached a small vide here to see what I mean

Thanks
Keep your hand on the pre-filter as you release the catch. That avoids the water spillage. Also, replace it much much more slowly to avoid the over flow. Remember that when you replace a cleaned pre filter it is void of water and the cartridge can absorb some of the water in the filter as you replace the pre filter cartridge.

Back