• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What defines a great diffuser?

Carbondioxide

Sponsor
UKAPS Team
Today's aquascaper really is spoiled for choice when it comes to selecting the right CO2 diffuser for their planted tank. When looking at a new diffuser, what key features do you look for?
Untitled design-202.png

I picked up a Neo small diffuser it’s excellent, very different to the bazooka I had before. It is discreet, very tidy and stylish.,

Reliable, consistent and durability. Price often doesn’t factor given by wrong and buy twice.

In the case of diffusers performance, you might get a different answer from each user but a fine, consistent mist produced noiselessly is my go to. Others don’t mind a bigger bubble because you don’t get the sparkling water effect and some like a diffuser that produces “smoke” because it diffuses quickly and allows higher (theoretical) injection rates.

One that works reliably :) I have tested 6-7 over the last year and found diffusers to be a pain! I have now resulted to using a reactor and that works just fine (apart from a bit of bubbling noise).

So I would say, can we have a UK builder/supplier of CO2 reactors please :)

I have been thinking of trying a reactor what brand recommendations do you suggest?
Not to deter from the post, have a look in the CO2 Forum on a thread I started!

Interesting feedback! I guess that reliability has to be the important thing for me. Plug and play with minimum interference win every time.

Has anyone tried our newest diffuser? the iO Diffuser? the feedback I have been getting from customers has been good so far.

Reliable, consistent and durability. Price often doesn’t factor given by wrong and buy twice.

In the case of diffusers performance, you might get a different answer from each user but a fine, consistent mist produced noiselessly is my go to. Others don’t mind a bigger bubble because you don’t get the sparkling water effect and some like a diffuser that produces “smoke” because it diffuses quickly and allows higher (theoretical) injection rates.
What are you using just now?

Have you had bad experiences in the past?
Had a few glass ones that broke....and an acrylic one...
I look for the best dissolution possible without pumping 3 bar of pressure!
2. Sturdiness/Robust/Durability
3. Easy Cleaning with instructions
4. Ascetics
5.Price
6.Free P/P :woot::thumbup:

I’m using co2art/quanvee in-lines on all my tanks. I find them robust and highly consistent - only thing I would say is the first one I had leaked co2.

I had used up!aqua for a long time but found eventually I’d break the tubing barb they also weren’t that consistent and it wasn’t unusual to get a “bad” diffuser that the co2 membrane would never produce a fine mist and find this to not be an issue at all with the quanvee/co2 arts. (I have 5).

yes I was going to order one from CO2Art before, but the postage was the same cost as the diffusor!
Sadly, Brexit has made things a little different regarding shipping. Everything is coming from Germany for now. We are planning a UK office if the demand is high enough. So everybody needs to place orders with us. If we can get enough demand within the UK we will have a UK based office and that will make a massive difference to our shipping costs. Until then we have to navigate the new tax system which is a pain.

That does explain it, I guess for a full set of CO2 Reg the shipping is fine, but for a single small item like a diffuser it doesn't make much sense placing the order. I did eventually order one from a UK store that stocks your products.

Back