• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tweeking co2 levels

naz

i have only bin using co2 for about 6 mouths,i was using a 500 gram bottle but i have recently changes to a 2kg fe bottle,i have been tweeking the co2 till i get it just right, 3 or 4 bps ,this could take 3 or 4 days,by turning it up slightly every day making shore it isnt going yellow at the end of the day when the co2 goes of,wot i am finding is happening is after about 4 or 5 day the 3 or 4 bps is going down to about 2 or 3 bps.i now the bottle is emptying,but im shore this wasent happing as much with the 500 gram bottle ,it uses to stay at a constent rate,i think,i now i havent got any leeks,my question is...is this nomal to have to tweek the co2 every 4 or 5 days...sorry if this is a silly question im a newbie.....

No its not normal to have to weak it evry 4 or 5 days. Iwould say theres a chance you have a slight leak some where. Try using soapy water on all conections. if there is a leak you should see the soap bubble.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers Gordon.

Naz

Check the "O" ring or flat rubber washer on the regulator - the end that slides into the FE bottle valve (the part where the horn fits onto the bottle).

Regards

Paul.

N.B Whenever I have to change my co2 bottles I always renew the "O" ring on my JBL regulators.

thanks for the reply,i have just checked all the conections and there dont seem to be any leaks,the psi bar does not go down,just the bps seem to slow up,cant work it out,can i ask how long you have to wait before you have to tweek it , as the bottle runs out......i think i will double check the conections on bottle tommorow....

ive had this problem once. i could not get the BPS to stay at a constant rate day in day out for the first 2 weeks after adding a new bottle to the tank.

i double checked the pressure in the bottle was at 55 bar and i increased the output pressure from 1 bar to 1.5 bar and this sorted the problem out for me.

i dont know if increasing the output pressure was the problem but when i resettup the BPS on a new bottle i always make sure i have 1.5 bar pressure on the output and havnt had the problem since.

it worked for me so it may help you out

the only other time that i have the problem of changing BPS is when the bottle is becoming empty

raz / chris H 8)

Back