• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good to E-meet you

Just_Ed

Seedling
HI Have a Lido 120 trying to Scape it keeping to simple for now with neons and guppies some albino cory kuhli and silver flying fox. Started ok bu t on my plants you will see what i called a trump hair starting at the top of the root. Any ideas what to do??

Attachments

• tank day 1.jpg
    tank day 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 156
  • tank 3 wks.JPG
    tank 3 wks.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 120
  • tank today sorry for refection..jpg
    tank today sorry for refection..jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 112
Hi all,

Reduce the <"light intensity a bit">. I like a floating plant as "net curtain".

Because the "green algae" have the same <"basic physiology and photosynthetic pigments"> as all the mosses, liverworts, ferns and higher plants it just means that you've created suitable conditions for plant growth.

They are all plants, just some are the plants you want and some are the plants you don't.

cheers Darrel
Thanks Darrel I had some floating plants but the roots started to get into the top of the root, personally didn't like the look. have reduced light time problem with standard light from Juwel is its very digital on and off. have already started to think about controllable LED just not sure what will fit tank best i like the lid as its in the living room with small kids who are curious. The Juwel lights are a little expensive to invest in just now.
thanks again always open to advice.

Hi all,
floating plants but the roots started to get into the top of the root, personally didn't like the look
I'm not too bothered <"about aesthetics">, but I can see your problem.

You could try Floating Fern (<"Salvinia "auriculata" group">)? It doesn't have a long root like Amazon Frogbit (Limnobium laevigatum) or Pistia stratiotes (Nile Cabbage).

cheers Darrel

Back