• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Learning Curve!

Yes they are a communal fish and need others of their kind to feel at home. And then you will see them interacting with their environment. And feeling things out as they swim about.
When I as a kid my dad used to keep them. I remember bubble nests. And spitting babies back into the bubbles. But I don't remember if they are aggressive to other fish. Or the female? Do you know how many females to a male, Gill? If he nests do I need to take her out if the tank?

When I as a kid my dad used to keep them. I remember bubble nests. And spitting babies back into the bubbles. But I don't remember if they are aggressive to other fish. Or the female? Do you know how many females to a male, Gill? If he nests do I need to take her out if the tank?
TBH they are some of the most docile fish you can own. And I have never seen any male to female aggression.

Brilliant thread. You’re a good few weeks ahead of me. Still awaiting the tank. Collecting all the other stuff. Wood soaking in wheelie bin. If progress is as impressive as your set up I’ll be well chuffed. Best wishes

Re 5/3/21 pic....how does the glass of red wine fit into the planting process 😳?
I like to cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food 😊

Tank Week 6/7
Forgive me. Ukaps for I have sinned. It has been almost 3 weeks since my last post! Well, they say no news is good news :)
The tank has been doing really well.
IMG_20210419_195015777_HDR.jpg

The red Ludwigia has finally grown into sight. The Rotala Ro' needed a little more co2 and ferts. The 1-2grow Pearl Weed is growing like a weed. And the MC needs its first trim in places. Apart from the lily pipes (please excuse!) The tank stays lovely and clean. All diatoms are completely passed. And still so far there is no algae. I am completely in love with it and spend almost every minute I'm home watching it.
I have even had the posh cam and the macro lense out. So here are some pics :)
View attachment _DSC5475.jpgView attachment _DSC5398.jpgView attachment _DSC5431.jpgView attachment _DSC5247.jpgView attachment _DSC5254.jpgView attachment _DSC5383.jpgView attachment _DSC5356.jpgView attachment _DSC5390.jpgView attachment _DSC5265.jpgView attachment _DSC5328.jpgView attachment _DSC5332.jpg
The Otos are doing really well. I read thru sometimes don't eat? So far apart from wiping out the diatoms, they will also take courgette, cucumber, the shrimps algae pellets and algae waffers. So hopefully they will be ok. Zippy has yet to get his girlfriend... Bad fish mumma!

@Ian61 so sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Have you started a journal for your tank? I would love to see!! The wine... Half 10 in the morning was almost 'over the yard arm' :lol: And it was medicinal after all, seeing as I was off work sick, luckily the day my plants arrived!

Hello. Congratulations on your tank and your photo skills. All looking great. I have had a steady stream of deliveries from assorted suppliers and couriers over recent weeks. One minor piece of equipment still awaited......the tank! 😡
Should be pretty much ready to go when it arrives.
image.jpg
Here’s the start of the journal . Pic 1. Proposed tank location. That armchair’s off to the dump.

Hello. Congratulations on your tank and your photo skills. All looking great. I have had a steady stream of deliveries from assorted suppliers and couriers over recent weeks. One minor piece of equipment still awaited......the tank! 😡
Should be pretty much ready to go when it arrives. View attachment 167208Here’s the start of the journal . Pic 1. Proposed tank location. That armchair’s off to the dump.
No tank?! You must be itching to get started. I hope it arrives for you soon :) what are you getting?

How is this little tank doing? Asking because I'm looking into getting a superfish 90 as well as replacement for my smaller tank (scapers tank 50l).

i know its been a while since an update on this one but i was searching for this tank and came across the jounral. really keen to get one and yours is a great inspiration!

would love to see an update :)

Back