• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tribute to Frederick Thompson

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
We are very sad to learn that Fred passed away on 8th January 2021. He was a huge presence in the pond and koi community and we were very lucky to have him as a member here on UKAPS.
His knowledge was encyclopaedic and his enthusiasm contagious; it was a privilege to share his journey through his wonderful journal, Freds new pond build.
He was always kind and generous with his advice and praise, a true gentleman. He will be sadly missed. Our condolences go out to his family and friends.

Fred with his grandson.
1610721847208.png

Fred's koi pond
1610722447155.png

1610722610494.png

Really sad to hear of Fred's sudden passing! :(
Condolences to his family and friends, and we will miss him greatly on here.
RIP Fred 🌹

Awful news this :( a passionate member always willing to help on the pond side of things in the forum, he will be missed.
RIP Fred 🙏

What I liked about his posting, was he posted his failures as well as his successes. He was not being afraid to admit the failure had cost money, then how he fixed the issue and in the end the solution that worked.

What I liked about his posting, was he posted his failures as well as his successes. He was not being afraid to admit the failure had cost money, then how he fixed the issue and in the end the solution that worked.
Oh yes there's a lot to be learnt in failing

It's nice when people show warts and all and not just some finished article and only pass on a bit of thr knowledge puzzle

i would of loved to have met him.

I think that's one thing 'most' of us are guilty off - failing to find time to meet up with folk with similar interests, we should all 'try' make more of an effort in that department post Covid IMO

we should all 'try' make more of an effort in that department post Covid IMO
Agreed, a bunch of us here in London used to meet up at least once a month, but that also stopped, think it will be time to revive that! Used to meet in one of the London fish stores and then head out for a meal/drink. Or people would host a meet in their house to show tanks and just have a chat with people.

Back