• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Terrarium moss wall cloth

That does look really nice. I googled 'kacchakukun' and it looks like it's only available in Japan. The search result also brought up a similar thread on a Spanish forum: Moss wall

James did a how to the other day
Do you guys like how the forum embeds social media or is preferred just the link? (this was something I added myself to the forum, does it for a lot of other sites too like Amazon, etc..).

Epiweb tends to shed water quite quickly and doesn't wick water. It's tough and a decent growing media that won't rot. I have glued hygrolon onto epiweb as the combination gives a depth to the wall and wicks water. You can also buy a drip wall using the epiweb2 system to ensure anything above 30cms is damp. A good source for this is dartfrog Dartfrog - Everything for the Amphibian Keeper They also sell plants for the wall.

All I have used is standard capillary mat from my local garden centre, it seems to work fine for me.
I like to lay a piece out in the bottom of an otherwise unused tank, seed it with moss, ferns etc and put it outside in the summer, in dappled sun light with a sealed lid.
After a couple of months you will have a very full looking mat that can be removed and hung in a display tank.

All I have used is standard capillary mat from my local garden centre, it seems to work fine for me.
I like to lay a piece out in the bottom of an otherwise unused tank, seed it with moss, ferns etc and put it outside in the summer, in dappled sun light with a sealed lid.
After a couple of months you will have a very full looking mat that can be removed and hung in a display tank.
Do you have any pics of this please foxfish?

For my little one that i tried last year. I just used poly filter padding that you can get in a roll. and its worked the same way. And the moss etc was able to adhere better.
Paludarium

Sorry Tom I can’t find any pictures, I am sure I have posted some of my setups where I lined a whole tank but it is not easy to find amongst all the other pictures.
I have also just placed pieces of capillary mat in shady areas of my garden where there is naturally a lot of wild moss,
It gets covered in a season and can be used in vivariums although much of it will deteriorate over time it looks fantastic for a few months!

Back