• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thread Algae

BINKSY1973 said:
Thats very helpful to know, as i have a similar problem.
I have 2 39w t5 and 1 38w t8 lamp All on at 10am, off at 2pm, back on at 4pm off at 10pm.
Co2 comes on at 9am and goes off at 9pm. Drop checker a lime green colour.
Dosing James all in one too.
I think maybe i need too change my lighting schedule, any suggestions?
Don't see why you stop the lights and then start again, would be better a continous period just a couple of hours shorter, also you don't mention how big the tank is.

The Tank is a 4ft 240 litres, i was thinking an 8 hour peroid maybe to start off with and see how things go.

Cheers Gordon.

BINKSY1973 said:
The Tank is a 4ft 240 litres, i was thinking an 8 hour peroid maybe to start off with and see how things go.
Cheers Gordon.
Has long you keep that CO2 up and you dosing appropiatly for the tank size and ensure there is good flow all around then 8 hours should be more than enough. If you start seeing deficiencies up your dosing.

Thank you for your advice much appreciated

Flow should not be a problem, i have an Eheim compact plus pump rated at 2000 litres per hour, then my Eheim external 2026. Both returns are plumbed into a spray bar along the back of the tank.

I will reset the lighting timer and co2 timer tomorrow and see how things go.

Cheers Gordon.

BINKSY1973 said:
I will reset the lighting timer and co2 timer tomorrow and see how things go.
Set the CO2 to come on 2 hours before the lights come on and can go off at least 3 hours before lights out. You welcome :)

Back