• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3rd Time Lucky 45p

Seeing some deficiencys currently of darkning leaves and holes in leaves etc, upped maintenance and ferts, my co2 is in red and running out so wonder if fluctuations?

Any advice
Thanks dean
a7ad571968c67d35fd01d6b309946e7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hello mate. it look like new growth is growing really well. give it time and see
I just dont like all the holes and dirty looking growth on the leaves of the plants if you zoom in it doesnt look great.

You think it could just be a ferts issue ?

Thanks dean

Yeah i think so mate obviously i want to see lush green healthy growth so a bit concerned

Cheers dean

Yeah i think so mate obviously i want to see lush green healthy growth so a bit concerned

Cheers dean

that’s how the old leaves often looks after an big trim, because they haven’t’ had much light.

just wait for the new growth and it will look nice again, next time you could replant the tops to avoid that look.

that’s how the old leaves often looks after an big trim, because they haven’t’ had much light.

just wait for the new growth and it will look nice again, next time you could replant the tops to avoid that look.
Thanks for that so thats just growth thats died off due to the trim ?

What is the best method, do you trim to length you want say half way and replant stems or do you trim a lot lower near the bottom and allow to grow up to height you want?

Thanks dean

It's more than likely the lack of light they where getting near the bottom as it had over grown a little so the bottom leaves where not getting the light they required if you take the tops of the stems you trim about 1 inch (2_3cm) and push them back in to the plant growth no need to put in to the soil it will make it look more bushy and hide the lower stems till they recover keep repeating this and you will be able to start to shape the plants as you wish my 45 I trimmed hard on Sunday as you know it was over grown due to laziness lol but replanted the tops and you cant tell it was trimmed
15823799410075195716164123874673.jpg

Also are your siccors Sharpe if not it will just bruise the plants

Thanks for that so thats just growth thats died off due to the trim ?

What is the best method, do you trim to length you want say half way and replant stems or do you trim a lot lower near the bottom and allow to grow up to height you want?

Thanks dean

I usually trim, then replant tops...after one week to 2 weeks (depends of your setup) you’ll see that the replanted tops grows faster than the cutted ones, so one week after the global trimming I usually trim the replanted tops again.

this way you’ll achieve the same growth height with great density. ;)

It's more than likely the lack of light they where getting near the bottom as it had over grown a little so the bottom leaves where not getting the light they required if you take the tops of the stems you trim about 1 inch (2_3cm) and push them back in to the plant growth no need to put in to the soil it will make it look more bushy and hide the lower stems till they recover keep repeating this and you will be able to start to shape the plants as you wish my 45 I trimmed hard on Sunday as you know it was over grown due to laziness lol but replanted the tops and you cant tell it was trimmed View attachment 132649
Also are your siccors Sharpe if not it will just bruise the plants
Great advice there jay thanks so dont actually plant into the soil just into the plant mass, i will do that next time.

Dean

I usually trim, then replant tops...after one week to 2 weeks (depends of your setup) you’ll see that the replanted tops grows faster than the cutted ones, so one week after the global trimming I usually trim the replanted tops again.

this way you’ll achieve the same growth height with great density. ;)
More great advice i like the logic in that

Thinking of upgrading to a 60p I would have to build a stand but plenty of time along as B&Q still got cutting service running.

Few questions would my oase 250 be strong enough

What twin star light is best, I want to be able to grow reds better than my current light.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Oase Biomaster 250 will be fine. :)

Twinstar 600S will be brilliant, or if you are feeling flush the ADA new AquaSky RGB for lights that will sit on a tank and bring out the reds!

will have the new ADA light on at AG this week (not that anyone will see it for a while) and it’ll be on the website.

I’ll add a review on here when it arrives if you want. I know Ryan did his but his room by own admission is the brightest room in the world!

S.

Oase Biomaster 250 will be fine. :)

Twinstar 600S will be brilliant, or if you are feeling flush the ADA new AquaSky RGB for lights that will sit on a tank and bring out the reds!

will have the new ADA light on at AG this week (not that anyone will see it for a while) and it’ll be on the website.

I’ll add a review on here when it arrives if you want. I know Ryan did his but his room by own admission is the brightest room in the world!

S.
Think ada may be bit expensive but hopefully the 60p and 600s will work well together

Also happy the 250 will be enough for the 60p that will save some money

Feel exited now as will be much easier scaping the 60p then swapping everything over.

Also need dimentions again to build a stand so will see if can find them from last time.

Thanks mate and also feel free to give a review as in now rush and maybe i could push to the ada

Dean

All that nice wood and more room to play with sounds like the perfect plan mate I have the 350 on my 60p and the 600s the light is a good combo think the 250 will work I just like the extra flow

You’ll definitively need an chihiros vivid 2 or the new wrgb2 to get good reds and greens :)

for the filter, jbl or eheim are classic choices.

Would be better if i could keep the same filter so a bit cheaper, and will start buying bits once payed and hopefully my next 4 days i can crack on with building the stand. and exactly plenty of wood to play with

And cookies the vivid makes amazing colours on your scape its simply stunning

Thanks for the help guys.
Dean

Don’t get me wrong the twinstar S serie is an good light too, but as you already own the E, the difference won’t be extraordinary ;)

Back