• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tips on planting Eleocharis acicularis

thesorcerous

Seedling
Hi all,

I made my first planted tank in nearly 12 years yesterday. I have attached a photo of it just after I had finished filling it up.

My Eleocharis acicularis keeps floating up. I bought the tissue culture pots, but I just cannot bury the roots all of plants! when single plants come off, they are easier to plant. Does anyone have any tips?

CO2 had only just been switched on in this photo, so that's why the indicator is blue.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• IMG_3683.JPG
    IMG_3683.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 495
Hi all,

I made my first planted tank in nearly 12 years yesterday. I have attached a photo of it just after I had finished filling it up.

My Eleocharis acicularis keeps floating up. I bought the tissue culture pots, but I just cannot bury the roots all of plants! when single plants come off, they are easier to plant. Does anyone have any tips?

CO2 had only just been switched on in this photo, so that's why the indicator is blue.

Thanks,
Rob

I think you've answered your own question Rob. You need to break down the 'clumps' into smaller portions. Like you suggest re the single plants, when I planted mine I have to break them down into very small portions (think a 5mm diameter bunch), to get them to hold in the soil properly.

I also found they held better if I push them too deep into the soil, released the tweesers, then pulled them back up to the correct panting depth by pulling on a single leaf, rather than trying to plant them straight in at the right depth straight off the bat.

Back