• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newby Fluval Flex 57 Adventures

HobbyJackJon

Seedling
Day 9 of my first ever tank and no casualties!
Okay, so one shrimp is missing in action, but not confirmed dead yet. No body, no crime!
I've used fluval cycle and have been changing 25-50% of water every few days. Showing a little bit of ammonia (from the tropica soil?), but no nitrite or nitrate. I'm guessing the zero nitrate is from either dodgy test strips or plants absorbing it all. I'm using a maidenhead aquatics test kit for ammonia and nitrite, and damn my eyes it's hard to differentiate the shades of yellow.
All seems well so far, but I wonder if this is the same as being a new dad - it sleeps through the night for the first couple of days, and then is a noisy little swine for ages!
Any advice always gladly appreciated.
20200221_192309.jpg

Lovely tank :)

(It’s common for fish and shrimp to mange to get into the filter compartment, and continue to return after a daring rescue by yourself (and daughter) ;))

But don’t add anymore fish for at least another 4 weeks (no matter what your daughter says, or your lfs promises :angelic:)

Thanks! Only one more fish to get anyway, but I'm in no rush.
Fish and shrimp still happy, water parameters still good, no algae, and good growth!
Had a big trim today, almost daring some of the plants to die!

Attachments

• 20200307_180433.jpg
    20200307_180433.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 125
Back