• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert Calculator V1.8 - New version out! Check Note first/last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been dosing for 160L tank, so i've been massively over dosing? :crazy:

Over dosing isnt a real issue thats the premise of EI dosing its all about ferts in EXCESS so no reset needed m8 ;)

But nice to get the maths right if its easy OFC.

Have just done another update where you can add your Filter volume so if you clean that at WC it adds up the extra water in the filter also.
upload_2020-3-7_14-46-17.png

Knowing the amount of water added on WC day will come in handy when the RO water section gets integrated so the user will be able easily how much water has been added and the amount of salts to add and the resultant change in dH.

I classed my WC and still do at 50% for EI dosing, as when I do a WC the distance of the water level to the substrate level is about half that of when its full

Was chatting with Clive some time back and he replied

Mate, whenever someone shows me a spreadsheet or some on-line calculator I always feel a wave of nausea. I mean, really, why all the calculations? For your size tank why not just dump 2 teaspoons KNO3, 1 teaspoon of KH2PO4 3X per week and 1 teaspoon trace 2X per week. End of story. Ifyou think you need Mg then just toss a couple teaspoons of the Epsom Salt in at water change. This is science, but it doesn't have to be Rocket Science. I just use the 2:1:1 rule and call it good. i don't even look at those stupid spreadsheets. It's just so energy sapping.

Think it was akin to getting a PC but then having to write the operating system for it to work :facepalm::facepalm:

So the aim of the app is do all the calculations with a few keystrokes of tank details and choose the relevant salts and the results are all on one page - DONE easy

I do miss Clive he was so straight to the point and always spot on with his advice

and took no prisoners as well :inpain: :lol::lol:

Thing is when Clive had his tank auto dosers was expensive and so was digital scales, I was making a Macro mix up once 2litres and on teaspoon number 20 or 25 wife came in telling the urgent news and I forgot where I was up too :arghh::banghead::banghead: I then moved my dirty socks to the right place to correct the emergency :rolleyes: so had to guess where I was up to or scrap the mix. So weighing the salts makes sense IMO

and another Clive quote from a pm was

When I get my tank up and running I'll have a look at the autodosing.

so even Clive was open to the idea of auto dosing for convenience.

Think thats way we have a fert dosing rest day as it was a rest for having to get the spoons out hence many only dosed Micros x2 per week. Perhaps with our Auto dosers we should have Macros x4 a week and Micros x3 a week after all plants dont get to rest. Oh BTW in the latest update you can dose the Macros and Micros different amounts and times per week ;)
upload_2020-3-7_16-36-37.png

LMAO ohhh the real emergency of dirty socks we have all been there probs just not at that particular important moment

That's actually just what i needed to work out, the realistic amount of water my tank actually holds, the AS900 is rated 186L.

According to the calculator an AS900 holds realistically about 145-150L, then i have to account for soil and hardscape, 27L and 22kg. So i would be looking at around 120L actual volume?

Might have to do a reset and recalculate my ferts

Just spotted an error in the volume calculation when I was adding the new RO water section :oops:. update soon ;)

That's actually just what i needed to work out, the realistic amount of water my tank actually holds, the AS900 is rated 186L.

According to the calculator an AS900 holds realistically about 145-150L, then i have to account for soil and hardscape, 27L and 22kg. So i would be looking at around 120L actual volume?

Might have to do a reset and recalculate my ferts

updated download- the error was that it wasnt converting the bottom glass form 'mm' to'cm' so if your glass was 10mm thick it was calculating it as if it was 10cm thick :oops: well it accounts for all the hardscape we could say :lol:
upload_2020-3-8_10-16-7.png

Ive downloaded the new mobile one not going to lie it's starting to.get a little time consuming and complicated dont know if I'm.missing it but would also like it to tell me the ppm I'm aiming for for each salt for the size of tank

Ive downloaded the new mobile one not going to lie it's starting to.get a little time consuming and complicated dont know if I'm.missing it but would also like it to tell me the ppm I'm aiming for for each salt for the size of tank

Just select the regime eg for Clives pick option2 and-

upload_2020-3-8_11-43-1.png

Its does show the tap water ppms as working on the RO section ATM and just took a quick screen shot ;)

Thanks for taking the time to 'test the program' without feedback it would be harder to get it all sorted :thumbup:

Dont let the testing/feedback cut too much into your 'free time' ;) do it 'if' or 'when' you get time.

I wouldn't hold it against anyone who doesn't help or stops helping, 'real life' first :D

Just spotted an error in the volume calculation when I was adding the new RO water section :oops:. update soon ;)

Thanks zeus, i've just checked again and using the dimensions 90x50x45 gave me 186L which is what the AS900 is rated at, but should i be using the "from the bottom of tank" measurement as 44cm? This gives me about 180L, so with hardscape and soil im looking about 150L which is good as im dosing for a 160L.

Thanks zeus, i've just checked again and using the dimensions 90x50x45 gave me 186L which is what the AS900 is rated at, but should i be using the "from the bottom of tank" measurement as 44cm? This gives me about 180L, so with hardscape and soil im looking about 150L which is good as im dosing for a 160L.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Very easy to make a mistake in the calculations when a simple line in the code look like "=IF((F18)=0,(""),( ROUNDUP((((F4-(F7*0.2))*(F5-(F7*0.2))*(F6-F18)*0.001)),1) ))" :crazy:

Doing the Water hardness was a real PITA as there are so many different units :arghh::bookworm::banghead::banghead: but getting there :D

Update V1.4 has new features - link for download in first post

Calculates tank Volume
upload_2020-3-8_19-15-35.png

RO/Tap water mix - with fail safes ;), allows RO users to find what the tap water is adding via adding the [Ca] & [Mg) from local water report and gives the ratio
upload_2020-3-8_19-20-44.png

Tells you how hard your water is and what the °dGH for each salt based on the volume of tap water you add
upload_2020-3-8_19-19-48.png

Water change calculator from depth of water before and after WC so you can choose to use the volumes if you wish- based on your tank dimensions ;)

upload_2020-3-8_20-7-53.png

Different Dosing for Macros and Micros
upload_2020-3-8_19-24-1.png

Yields from salts added auto appear/disappear when salt amount added or set to '0' More salts/traces added
upload_2020-3-8_19-27-34.png

Total results table with °dGH added from all salts added and adds up the 'main' minerals from tap water or RO/Tap water mixes
upload_2020-3-8_19-33-12.png

Removed 'all' the checkboxes so less of a pain
I do plan for two versions
1. mobile version which will show everything
2. Full excel version which will auto hide sections when the Value '0' is entered - need to enable macros for that to work.

What salts need adding ???? I went though some of the salts on rotala butterfly for increasing the °dGH and they was so expensive I couldn't see the point in adding them !

Commercial products ???? for adding ???

Think I have all the Calculations correct :angelic:

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-8_19-44-10.png
    upload_2020-3-8_19-44-10.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 118
WTF your tank isnt the tardis lmao

Just been through done all the calculations looks pretty good to.me now it can be far off all I would say is I make all in one solutions so I just did it as 2x 500ml bottles may be add the E202 and E300 in there

WTF your tank isnt the tardis lmao

Do plan a few off these :lol:

Just been through done all the calculations looks pretty good to.me now it can be far off

well depends how far we take it ;)

I make all in one solutions so I just did it as 2x 500ml bottles may be add the E202 and E300 in there

So a 'potion master' pick a AIO box and app does the rest - good idea - have you got a link to the AIO 'potion/fert

I have added that into 'Andrew Butler' trace mix spreadsheet already - you have that already just 'unhide' the 'Trace Mix' worksheet. At the bottom ;)

But yes will have it added for each volume of fert

Just to be clear; at present there's only the one version to download?

Yes the PC version with full 'macros enabled worksheet' is on hold ATM - more of a tweak near the end ;) so the 'macros enabled worksheet' has nothing to do with the Macros we dose

Yes the PC version with full 'macros enabled worksheet' is on hold ATM
I'm a bit off yet anyway
all I would say is I make all in one solutions so I just did it as 2x 500ml bottles may be add the E202 and E300 in there
I'm in favour of all in one BUT there seems so much negativity about it.
I have added that into 'Andrew Butler' trace mix spreadsheet already
haha - is my link different to the one on the thread then? I won't share it, don't worry ;)

is my link different to the one on the thread then?

No- that was the foundation of the present 'DIYFert' spreadsheet ;). Have locked all the non input cells in the 'DIYTrace' spreadsheet and the tank details and main trace dosing details taken from 'DIYFert' spreadsheet - the nuts and bolts of the Custom 'DIYTrace' mix are unchanged but still 'Alpha' at present. Have updated download so both spreadsheets show

Think thats way we have a fert dosing rest day as it was a rest for having to get the spoons out hence many only dosed Micros x2 per week. Perhaps with our Auto dosers we should have Macros x4 a week and Micros x3 a week after all plants dont get to rest. Oh BTW in the latest update you can dose the Macros and Micros different amounts and times per week ;)
View attachment 132215

Great work on this spreadsheet @Zeus. If you are planning to build in auto-doser usage somehow, bear in mind that the Jebao auto-dosers that most people use (and probably applies to the D-D auto-dosers too) work on an alternate day basis, which means they are essentially on a 14 days cycle, so Week 1 will have 4 x macro and 3 x micro, but week 2 will have 3 x macro and 4 x micro, repeating ad infinitum.

PS - What version are you at now, is it still 1.4? - It might be worth you adding a download link to the latest version on your forum signature, to save trying to find this thread?

Great work on this spreadsheet @Zeus. If you are planning to build in auto-doser usage somehow, bear in mind that the Jebao auto-dosers that most people use (and probably applies to the D-D auto-dosers too) work on an alternate day basis, which means they are essentially on a 14 days cycle, so Week 1 will have 4 x macro and 3 x micro, but week 2 will have 3 x macro and 4 x micro, repeating ad infinitum.

PS - What version are you at now, is it still 1.4? - It might be worth you adding a download link to the latest version on your forum signature, to save trying to find this thread?

I have the D-D doser and they dose exactly when you want them to. 3x macro (mon,weds,fri) and 3xmicro (tues,thurs,sat) a week without having to set it up staggered like the jebao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back