• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first high tech aqauscape

Nathan G

It's been a while coming, so thought I'd post a journal entry for my first high tech aquascape. The first step was to build a suitable stand. For more info on that experience, check out this thread.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out :) I designed the aquascape to be viewed from the front, as well as the right side, as the right side is what is seen when walking past or into this room.

Stand and Aquarium
IMG_2946.JPG
IMG_3034.JPG

Hardscape
IMG_2963.JPG
IMG_2967.JPG

Planted (After 3m)
IMG_3228.JPG
IMG_3231-1.JPG

Aquarium - FireAQUA 25 gallon rimless (60 x 40 x 40 cm, 8mm thick)

Tech - Eheim Classic 600 (2217) canister filter, Co2 Art Pro-se regulator, CO2Art Inline CO2 Aquarium Atomizer Diffuser, Hydor 200 inline heater, Chihiros RGB A 601 Plus (New 2019 model w/ 3 in 1 led's and bluetooth).

Plants - Hygrophila polysperma rosanervig, Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini', Cryptocoryne wendtii ‘Green Gecko’, Microsorum Pteropus 'Trident', Anubias nana 'Petite', Bucephalandra 'Wavy Green', Rotala 'Green', Cryptocoryne albida 'Brown', and a few others.

Livestock - 12 green neon tetras, 8 harlequin rasboras, a female betta, 6 amano shrimp, 3 horned nerite snails, 2 batik nerite snails, 2 king koopa nerite snails, 1 black military helmet nerite snail.

Dosing - 2ml per day NILOCG Thrive all in one liquid fertilizer, .5ml per day Flourish Potassium, 2.5 bps c02, fish fed once a day.

Last edited:
Hi nathan great job with stand and tank looks great, looks like have decent growth. I keep debating getting some nerite snails aswel do the eggs bother you or not that bad ?

You dosing ferts etc ? Keep us updated on growth and thanks for sharing.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks Dean! Current dosing is 2ml per day NILOCG Thrive all in one liquid fertilizer, .5ml per day Flourish Potassium, 2.5 bps c02, fish fed once a day. So far I’m not seeing many white eggs from the nerites, so either I’m lucky and have mostly males, or they’re laying them where I’m not looking.

Thanks Keith! I’d agree about that small piece of driftwood, didn’t notice it before. If I have an opportunity, I might remove it. Or perhaps the trident fern will eventually cover it.

Nathan
If you decide to let the trident fern grow that tall it will cover that well sculptured rock and hide it.

You might find the Betta would like a good surface cover.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

I realized it's been a while! Just wanted to post an update with the three different views I designed the scape for:

Front.JPG
 Top.JPG
Side.JPG
Overall, I feel it's maturing nicely :)
I've removed a few plants and added a few others. Livestock currently are 15 green neon tetras (will add more when available at my lfs), 13 rosy loaches (would like to breed these at some point), a black tiger badis, some Amano shrimps, and some nerite snails.
Other changes I've made are to switch to the newer Chihiros RGB Plus (~70% intensity), switch to Tropica Specialized (3-4ml / day), and added an Eheim 350 skim.

Back